Engine Hours

NomadCS

Reaction score
I am just curious on how many engine hours are you guys racking up. I had a 2005 Yamaha 90 4 stroke on my previous pontoon I had for 12 years before my 2018 Bennington and I think I had well over a thousand hours on it in that amount of time and is still running strong, because I sold it to a friend. I was just in the Keys fishing with a professional guide last week and he was running a 300 Mercury. I was talking to him how long they run their engines and how many hours. He said that in their business they swap out their engines every 3-4 years with 3000 to 4000 hours on them. He personally was guiding 300 days a year. That was more than I expected and thought this was interesting which has raised my curiosity on the amount of hours some of you have seen on the 4 strokes?

I'm averaging about 60 hours a year so based upon your statement, my engine should be good for 50 years...

2nd season on ours and just turned 64 hrs.

We’re half way through our 5th “season” and recently hit 300 hours.

I average 50 a season

117 last year, almost at 210 this year. Probably hit 270 plus by end of season. That’s cruising around probably 30% of the time, balance is anchored in cove ...

Last edited:
On our 3rd season and hit 140 hrs last week.

Last toon and this one...probably 70-90 hrs per season.

In our fourth season anew just hit 130 hours and if this weather continues it may not be much more this season!

5 1/2 years of usage and at 420hrs as of this morning

In my 2nd season 131 hours.

Have had mine since June 6. 35 hours on her so far! Heading out for a week. Will probably put another 25 or so on it those 6 days on the water

26 on mine so far this year. As I stated before my engine run time is drastically lower than my float time!

New boat that we bought end of August last year has 70 fun-filled hours on it already. Will probably put at least another 30 on it by the end of boating season.

Back