Express tube added between eliptical

Mtudb24/Todd,

I see you posted the question back in Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:55 AM. You should of tried it and went with your gut feeling. I will let you know more as this plays out. Went to a 200 Yamaha I4 because I was adding this toon. The 2015 g can as well with the stock 20 inch transom. Tag reduction on people. This is not a big deal for me. Seems I never have more than 8 or 9 on my 20sli when I had it. My hat off to you for asking the question back in time...

SO Moving Forward

Would you rather put the mega pad on for $1400 bucks and not put the 3rd toon and mount your 200hp or would you still rather have the 3rd tube?  I am too worried about the excess drag the 3rd tube will make and wonder if you will see any increase in performance?  Sounds like the mega pad and new wavesheild will be 1/2 of the cost of your new express tube.  Just asking the question...

Yeah, I thought about it, but that was before (June 2013) vs them adding the mega pad in 2014 / 2015 as a option to mount a larger motor

Keep us posted my friend :)   :) :)  :)   :)   

Third toon. All wave shields already off. I am trying to see if I get a little better turning ability. I know it is not really needed, but what the heck we only live once. I am thinking Bennington thought of this but maybe didn't see enough improvement in turning or speed between SPS, elliptical and esp to market it as a four hull model. Should see lift faster. Maybe increase or decrease in speed. I bet not snuff for me to cry about though.. Send link of mega pad. Like to see what it looks like...

I figure there's gotta be a reason Bennington doesn't market this as an option, and it's not because they couldn't charge more for it. 

Moving Forward

This is what I have from dealer.. Same info as before but with name of Service Manager from Houghton Lake Michigan Dealer Spicers Marine

The Bimini was for curved version vs our current straight version 1"square stock bimini top.  Those prices you can ignore

Todd

Seems the cheapest way to get a 200hp motor onto a 2275 or 2375 RCW then adding a 3rd tube etc..

Hello Todd,

I heard back from Bennington about the “Mega Pan” and the new Bimini assembly.

Mega Pan- $1373.45
Wavetamer - $186.69
Bimini Frame- $4225.10
Bimini Top/Boot- $1102.20

These parts will be $840.00 for install also. Let me know what you would like to do. Thank you Todd!

Hannon Gross
Service Advisor/ Warranty Coordinator
Hannon@spicersboatcity.com

Not sure what can go wrong other than maybe loose some top end. Did notice today while out in 1.5 to 2 foot waves it handle very well. Had an extra. 1000 lbs on it with people and gear. Popped water skiers up with no problem. Those waves sure hit the under deck. I sure the express toon will give me more lift. Also noticed the motor is up one hole from the bottom. Going to request the dealer to drop it down all the way. Seems prop washes maybe to quick. Only was able to top it at 36 in today's conditions.

Also noticed the motor is up one hole from the bottom. Going to request the dealer to drop it down all the way. Seems prop washes maybe to quick. Only was able to top it at 36 in today's conditions.
May want to run it with your express tube before you decide to lower engine.

The express boats always ride lower in the stern due to the extra frontal floatation.

Dropping the engine will create more drag and rob a little top end.

I still think with the twin ellips + the express, dropping the engine might be necessary. Worth trying in it's current position first though. It's not that hard to drop it a notch later on. 

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delays in my updates. Still waiting for the toon to arrive. I told when the next shipment of boats come it will be with them. God you had to love the weather in upstate ny this past week. Nothing but sun and mild to hot weather. Had the boat out only a three more times, but the family kept dragging me away for family day trips to buffalo ny. I was able to get up to a total of 8 hours to date on the motor. Still moves well across choppy waves with the current toon setup. Planes fairly fast. Around 17 mph to get on top of the water. 20 Mph in About 10 seconds plus. Was able to do some kneeboarding myself for the first time in 25 years or so.. Still a lot of fun and with the new design easier than I remember to use. I don't have anybody around to take live action shots as the boat lunch is always busy and in a 5mph zone. I promise to keep updating as I get the results from the third toon addition.

Todd hang in there it

Looking forward to your results. I was thinking about this the other day wondering if you got it done yet.

Any updates? Still waiting on the correct tube?

Hello everybody,

This is starting to get frustrating as the third toon has not showed up yet. The dealer is saving money by having it shipped with a order of boats to save himself shipping costs. I can understand to a certain point, but common now. I have passes several cast to the dealer on this. His response is he is waiting for the truck driver to call. Really???? So for now no updates. I will sure let you know once installed and tested. Grrrrrrr

Moving not so fast forward...

Hello everybody,

This is starting to get frustrating as the third toon has not showed up yet. The dealer is saving money by having it shipped with a order of boats to save himself shipping costs. I can understand to a certain point, but common now. I have passes several cast to the dealer on this. His response is he is waiting for the truck driver to call. Really???? So for now no updates. I will sure let you know once installed and tested. Grrrrrrr

Moving not so fast forward...
Keep in mind it may have nothing to do with "saving shipping costs" and more to do with it arriving undamaged. It is FAR more likely to get damaged being shipped all by its lonesome, than strapped to the bottom of a boat. Bennington, I believe, won't even ship a toon by itself,  or at least that's what has been said on here many times. I suppose with an express tube it would be a little easier to crate it, but still a high chance of damage. Wouldn't that tick you off even more, to wait all that time only for it to arrive damaged?

Anything new yet?

Still waiting for the shipment of boats to arrive according to the dealer. I also found out that the Bennington engineers have been in contact about this project of adding a express toon between the ellipticals. They say they have not done this or even tested this configuration. " this is what the dealer has told me that Bennington engineers have told him." The dealer mentioned the concern brought up on the forum about the possibility of causing the boat to flip at certain speeds. It was noted that this elliptical design already has stakes on its outer toons and makes them wonder why this might be a concern. The cutting edge has already been astablished in the water by the outer toons and that adding a inner toon with stakes should not effect turning ability as far a flipping anymore than the current design.

Bottom line is engineering is reviewing. Dealer is still waiting toon and I am running out of time before I have to put it up for the winter. Maybe get thru until mid October to late October if I am lucky and the weather holds up. I Still plan on MOVING FORWARD with this.........

Back