Express Tube Package or Sport Performance System

That's a good point kd. Mine quickly jumps to plain as well. And when I'm sitting in the rear facing lounger, I can't tell it's sitting low in the back, anyway. :) My eyes are usually shut.
Recently purchased our 2018 22 SSRX Express Tube with 150 Mercury 4Stroke . We upgraded our pontoon with Sub/Amp w/dual batteries, Simtek Seats and we Love it. However, one thing that really bothers me is the way the boat sits lower in the water on the starboard side. Even with 4 passengers sitting on the port side and just me on the starboard side it still is not level. Starting to think the starboard toon is leaking as the performance is just not what it was. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG950073.jpg
    IMG950073.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 57
Place boat on trailer and have someone move tow vehicle a couple of feet while you stand next to toon and listen for sloshing of water in toon

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, something's not right and water in the toon would seem to be the problem. Over the last month it seems as though this problem has been reported by several other boaters. The good news is that the fix is fairly easy. Good luck and welcome!

Recently purchased our 2018 22 SSRX Express Tube with 150 Mercury 4Stroke . We upgraded our pontoon with Sub/Amp w/dual batteries, Simtek Seats and we Love it. However, one thing that really bothers me is the way the boat sits lower in the water on the starboard side. Even with 4 passengers sitting on the port side and just me on the starboard side it still is not level. Starting to think the starboard toon is leaking as the performance is just not what it was. Any ideas?

Definitely doesn’t sound right. Mine sits pretty true. Good luck in your research.

Glad to hear you are back on the water.

Does anyone know if the express package has improved on the 2020 or 2021 models in regards to how they sit in the water with the back of the boat being low.

Does anyone know if the express package has improved on the 2020 or 2021 models in regards to how they sit in the water with the back of the boat being low.
I’d be surprised because I don’t think it is possible with that hull. It is the nature of the weight distribution vs. buoyancy points. Tis what it is. You can get less sitting low in the back, better overall buoyancy, and signicantly better performance if you can step up to a full tritoon with the SPS hull. That said, the Express will deliver better than the traditional two pontoons. Just depends on budget and anticipated uses.

Back