express tube package

elarock

Reaction score
I am ordering a new 2075 GLi and am considering the express tube package. The boat will have a 115 Honda outboard. I was wondering what the advantages of the package over the two 25" tubes would be and if folks think that it is worth having.

Unless I'm mistaken, I learned the Express Tube Package means extra center tube, wave shield and lifting strakes. Even with 115hp it should get you upon plane faster, deflect the water underneath the boat and be more stable during rough/choppy waters. I'm sure someone with more experience and smarts than me can also weigh in on the topic.

I have a 2010 2274 GLi with the ESP package (Same as express?) and am very happy with it. Very stable in the water, faster on plane and able to make tight, banking turns...you can't really bank a turn in a dual pontoon boat. Also it allows for more HP and the optional ski-locker in the center tube (although not sure if its available on the 20 footers) I think it comes down to what you want to be able to do with the boat. I wanted an all-around boat that I could mostly cruise/lounge in, but also be able to pull skiers and tubers (and occasionally embarrass folks by outrunning them in their ski-boats). In my opinion, the ESP is primarily a performance enhancer.

Good luck with your purchase and enjoy your new boat!

Last edited by a moderator:
I see there is several questions regarding the express tube package vs. the ESP package, but havent seen any numbers of comparison on the same boat, same hp.

It would be great if Bennington could respond with performance test results.

Buyers would love to know what the difference in cost of the ESP package vs the Express tube package will get you in TOP SPEED, TURNING ABILITY, RIDE SMOOTHNESS. ETC.

Thanks

Mike

I am ordering a new 2075 GLi and am considering the express tube package. The boat will have a 115 Honda outboard. I was wondering what the advantages of the package over the two 25" tubes would be and if folks think that it is worth having.
Lifting strakes and wave shield on two tubes are better than plain tubes and bare underdeck.

Three is better than two for the increased capacity (weight/passengers/horsepower) and better overall performance, although I would suggest stepping up to 150hp.

In fact, if you have the money, there is no such thing as too much hp, and it's never cheaper than it is when you first order a boat.

If I had to choose, I would take 150hp with two tubes, strakes and underdeck shield; as opposed to three tubes and 115hp, but that's me.

IDEALLY, the best log package is the ESP package, because it makes the boat handle like a monohull. There's no conveying the difference with mere words. Ask for a test ride.

If you can swing it, the ESP with 150hp engine will make you quite happy.

If not, my SUGGESTION is that HP trumps tubes BUT... get the strakes and shields.

Express package is an economical basic 3 tube package, with 3 round logs. Good performance increase for the money, but ESP is the full underdeck package with an elliptical center tube and strengthened transom for bigger HP, and hydraulic steering.

I thought about the Express Package but went with the ESP. The main differance I seen was the Express has lifting strakes on the outside of the toons. This will make it much harder to turn. On the ESP all of the strakes on the inside. I would suspect the Express may be aliitle bit faster in a straight line (1 to 2 mph ) due to weight differance. I went with the ESP with 150hp I would not get less then 150hp. I have heard people say that the 115 struggles to get the boat on plane. Either pacage would be great after all it's a Bennington.

I thought about the Express Package but went with the ESP. The main differance I seen was the Express has lifting strakes on the outside of the toons. This will make it much harder to turn. On the ESP all of the strakes on the inside. I would suspect the Express may be aliitle bit faster in a straight line (1 to 2 mph ) due to weight differance. I went with the ESP with 150hp I would not get less then 150hp. I have heard people say that the 115 struggles to get the boat on plane. Either pacage would be great after all it's a Bennington.
Got mine, been out twice. very pleased. 2574 express package, 150hp yamaha.

Mine has lifting strakes only on the center tube ( express package ) which is shorter than the 2 outside pontoons which have no lifting strakes.

went thru about 6 hrs from 1000rpm to 3000 rpm, before finally for a short period ramping up thru 4000rpm and 5000rpm.

2 persons - 36mph

5 persons - 32mph.

Turns good, handles well. Probably wouldnt go up to the ESP package unless I wanted higher speeds with more hp, such as moving up to 250hp, in 2574, I would go ESP

The boat handles well, rode very nice over waves from barge, and I cant say anything negative, I had reviewed performance test on yamaha outboard motor site and I wouldnt change anything, I see no reason to go to ESP package unless you want 200+ hp, and top speeds around 45mph - 50mph.

Rock,

The express tube is going to get you up on plane quicker and provide more buoyancy. You will probably gain 1-2 mph more speed. I prefer the 3 tubes over 2 for those reason and that would be a nice upgrade on your Bennington. Some have suggested larger engines but you may already be at the max for that model. Lastly, nothing beats a real world test drive so ask your dealer for one so you can compare.

Back