EZ Loader customer service is awesome!

bcpnick

Nick
Reaction score
Just wanted to post and let everyone know about a recent experience I've been having with my EZ Loader trailer and what a great job that company has done fixing a problem that may not have even been theirs to fix. A few months back after a discussion on here, I took a look at my capacity sticker and realized my trailer was way underrated for my boat. It listed a max capacity of 3800 pounds and I knew my actual boat weight with motor, gas, etc. was probably over 5,000 pounds. I had also been having some weird tire wear issues although I'm not sure if it is related. 

I contacted my dealer and they got a conversation going with EZ Loader. After a few months of back and forth and going and getting my boat weighed, I found out this week that they just got done building me a brand new higher capacity trailer that will arrive next week. Replaced for free under warranty. I'm not sure where the mishap occurred. They seemed to think I had a different boat on it that had a max HP of 125. I had to tell them about 5 times what boat and motor I actually had, but moral of the story, they didn't flinch when it came down to making it right. I'll be sure and update this once I get the new trailer with details on what they changed. Much thanks to EZ Loader. I'd make a point to buy one of their trailers after this experience. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting.  Isn't that what Derrick has?  If I ever get a new trailer, I will look at EZ loader for sure.

I believe it is. I mentioned to them that I have ESP and that others have had the extended center bunk (like in Derrick's situation). Fingers crossed they did that too. 

Yes that is what I have, and if you told them you had ESP, then they should. When I spent all my time talking between the Bennington rep and EZ Loader, they said that the center didn't need the extension, which is why it wasn't built that way originally. Now I don't remember how, or who, but it had come up that there have been cases of deflection of the center tube when it wasn't supported, and especially since mine literally lives on a trailer, they made supports and shipped out for free. That was on my first EZ trailer, when I ordered my next one, I insured it was built with the extended center section. I was still slightly disappointed in their positioning of the rear tie downs as they go directly over the welded on box that the transducer, aeration pump and underwater lights get mounted to, so you can't really ratchet it down, just snug it up. I was told by the rep that EZ had changed their setup so that any ESP would have the extended center. I also was only dealing with EZ's custom division, which is completely separate from their regular lineup. 

I was pleased in the end with EZ Loader, they made it right. I think the problem is that not all ESP's are equal. At that time, there were some models, I think an RCB was one of them, where they really didn't have much of a longer center toon. I remember the one that I looked at was only maybe 6" longer than the outside toons, whereas the RCW was 22.5" longer. I guess because of the extended rear deck. 

Picked up the new trailer today. So stoked how well they did on all of this. The new one has the ESP extension, better tie downs, better bunk guides (the long ones) between the tubes, better ladder, better winch, bigger tires, better hubs (Vault HLS) and overall way more sturdy. Went from capacity of 3800 to 5500 lbs. So happy with EZ Loader and even my dealer. Getting it in and out of the water could be more interesting though. The boat is definitely a bit higher off the ground. Going to go test it out this weekend. :)

Sounds like a win for you.

No pics from the pic man?

It was dirty when I picked it up! I'll take some pics when I get it out this weekend and have a chance to clean it up a bit. 

Okay, so I'm not going to make it out on the boat this weekend after all. It's been since July 7th since that thing got wet! So here are some pics in the yard. I'm so pleased with this new trailer. 

Much improved front ladder unit. I think I need to shorten up that safety chain though. My last trailer didn't have one at all. 

IMG_0205.JPG

From what I've read, these Vault hubs require zero maintenance for 5-10 years. Really excited about that! And there are brakes on both axles now, too. 

IMG_0210.JPG

New ESP extension and improved tie down points. 

IMG_0214.JPG

And I love these long upright bunks. I have loading dialed in to the point I don't really need them anymore, but still good to have, especially for a windy day. 

IMG_0215.JPG

Thanks, EZ Loader! :)

That looks real nice Nick.

Wow, looks really good Nick!

Very nice trailer.  I've owned several EZ Loader trailers over the years and all have been "top shelf" in terms of ruggedness, reliability and looks.  Seems they went the extra mile to make it right for you.  Excellent company which stands by it's products.

Back