Factory Tour

Gunner

Reaction score
Made the trip from Columbus Indiana to Elkhart this morning for a plant tour. Mike Robinson was the guide and he did a great job. He did not rush and explained the manufacturing process from start to finish. The plant was clean, welds looked good, in-process quality was great, employees really seemed to care about what they were doing. Best part of the tour was getting to see my boat during the manufacturing process. Can't wait to get it on the water. The dealer is suppose to pick it up Monday.

The boat is a 2575 RLCi rigged for a 300HP Mercury Verado.

How cool is THAT?? Enjoy your new boat!!
cool.gif

Made the trip from Columbus Indiana to Elkhart this morning for a plant tour. Mike Robinson was the guide and he did a great job. He did not rush and explained the manufacturing process from start to finish. The plant was clean, welds looked good, in-process quality was great, employees really seemed to care about what they were doing. Best part of the tour was getting to see my boat during the manufacturing process. Can't wait to get it on the water. The dealer is suppose to pick it up Monday.

The boat is a 2575 RLCi rigged for a 300HP Mercury Verado.
Sweet!

There is just something great about buying a high quaility product made in the United States by United States citizens. Not trying to get mushy or over patriotic here. However, I am a patriot, I just am hopeful that we can continue to employ Americans in this country and get our affairs in order. Our time is running short. We really need to figure it out, reinvent ourselves and get good Americans back to work. China is watching, the world is watching.

Ok, my rant is over. Thanks Bennington for building such a high quaility pontoon. Thanks for not shipping jobs overseas. More companies should follow your lead.

That's great, I may give them a call and see if they will let me stop by!
We're heading down to Indy for time trials in May. I think we will try to arrange a tour on our way back up to Michigan. I can't think of a better way to appreciate about a new toon than a factory tour.

Hey Gunner,

What a great boat you are getting. I sat on the 22 ft version of your boat and the chairs in the bow are so comfortable. And a 300hp outboard is really going to liven things up. I'm still trying to decide on the right power for either the 22-25ft RLCi. We will be doing some watersports but also a fair amount of cruising. I am sure you are going to love your setup.

Can someone tell me what you have to do to tour the Bennington factory? The dealers in my area have very limited inventory. I would think the factory tour would be a great way for the wife and I to get a feel for the different options/boats rather than just lookiing at the brochure. Any of you forum members been on a tour and felt it was worthwhile?

Can someone tell me what you have to do to tour the Bennington factory? The dealers in my area have very limited inventory. I would think the factory tour would be a great way for the wife and I to get a feel for the different options/boats rather than just lookiing at the brochure. Any of you forum members been on a tour and felt it was worthwhile?
Sorry, Gaston, but I don't think a factory tour and being able to browse the inventory are the same thing. The factory isn't in the business of providing you the opportunity to "get a feel" for different models. That's what dealers are for. The factory's job is to screw (bolt, glue, etc.) the darn things together, get them loaded on a trailer and supply their dealers...... nuttin' else.

I had a Bennington employee tell me that their customers are the dealers and that the buyers are the customers of the dealers. That's good business sense.

Even if you could get a tour of the Cadillac plant (I have one in my town), they're not gonna let you browse the inventory; they too, will send you to a dealer.

You need a good dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply goldnrod. Unfortunately, most dealers have 2 or 3 boats maximum and it hard to get a "feel" for what Benningtons have to offer. Four years ago when deciding between a Malibu and Mastercraft wakeboard boat, I visited both of their plants and they put out the welcome mat for me. Was able to sit in many boats and Mastercraft actually provided 3 of their boats for me to drive on their test lake. Prior to spending 60-70k on a pontoon boat, I'll need more than a brochure and a salesman telling me that they are good. Bennington may want to re-think their plant tour procedures.

Sorry, Gaston, but I don't think a factory tour and being able to browse the inventory are the same thing. The factory isn't in the business of providing you the opportunity to "get a feel" for different models. That's what dealers are for. The factory's job is to screw (bolt, glue, etc.) the darn things together, get them loaded on a trailer and supply their dealers...... nuttin' else.

I had a Bennington employee tell me that their customers are the dealers and that the buyers are the customers of the dealers. That's good business sense.

Even if you could get a tour of the Cadillac plant (I have one in my town), they're not gonna let you browse the inventory; they too, will send you to a dealer.

You need a good dealer.

Back