Fender clips

myv10

Reaction score
Any ideas on fender clips, I leave the fenders on when under way. My old Bennington had a top rail separate from the fence but my new 24sfx will have the fence going to the top rail. I'm looking for ones that fit over the top rail. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also use EZFenders.  Three each side.

I had them put on my soon to be delivered boat.  I saw a lot of positive feedback on them.

Once again this site has figured out how to nickel and dime me!  Going on this site is like my girl just "checking out" Amazon.

Looking forward to getting all six of these.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Fender-Adjusters-For-Pontoon-Boat-Rails-4-pack&i=74625

We use Taylor fender clips. They are about $20 at most places for 4 pack, but I found them on sale for about $2 apiece. They work great for us.  Easy to remove and replace/reposition if you want to do so.  We only use the fenders at our own dock, so we don't need to adjust lengths once set. Other types of hangers are easier to change length if you need to do so regularly. They do fit between top rail and seat back. 

+1 for EZ Fender, careful when screwing them into the rail, use a center punch prior to drilling

I think I have read on here somewhere that you need to drill to one side or the other of the center because of a support running down the center of the rail.  Can anyone comment on this that has installed the EZ Fender?

I centered mine , no issues 

You mentioned you leave the fenders on... I'd go with the EZ fender clips.   I have the Taylor clips and love them but don't cruise with them on. I only deploy them when docking or rafting up.   I left them deployed  once by mistake and came home with one less fender.  

I do take our Taylor clips off when cruising and only use them docking - however they are easy to remove and replace. As royal4 said if you leave your fenders on when cruising (especially at higher speeds) you would want ones that attach permanently. 

Centered also, no problem.  Here are the pix from my gallery

med_gallery_936_376_672121.jpg

med_gallery_936_376_381612.jpg

I've recently been thinking about bumpers.  Getting a lift, but will need something for when I dock at a friends, or a restuarant, marina, etc...  

Do EZfenders make a big difference in regards to convenience with managing bumpers, or is it not too different than simply tieing them up somehow without EZfenders...or similar products?

On a 24' S-series, extended aft deck, would I be okay with just two fenders and bumpers on each side, or would I really want to have three?

Any ideas on fender clips, I leave the fenders on when under way. My old Bennington had a top rail separate from the fence but my new 24sfx will have the fence going to the top rail. I'm looking for ones that fit over the top rail. Any ideas?

Thanks for generating this post myv10.  I have been thinking about the same thing recently.  Answers for you are very helpful for me too.  

I just use the Taylor made ones for the random occasions we launch at other lakes etc. I'm not big on drilling into the rails. That's just me though. 

With the EZFender you open the thumb screw to adjust and then tighten.  When leaving the dock we bring the fenders all the way up and tighten; looks good and don't have to store the fender.  Of course the wife couldn't have the white ones, needed fenders that color matched the boat

Back