Fender clips

@Link, can you post a picture with the fenders all the way up?  I'm all about having more storage in the boat.  Those fenders take up a lot of space.

With the EZFender you open the thumb screw to adjust and then tighten.  When leaving the dock we bring the fenders all the way up and tighten; looks good and don't have to store the fender.  Of course the wife couldn't have the white ones, needed fenders that color matched the boat

They do sell fender covers .

Mine are inside the fence while underway 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looked but I don't have a picture with the fenders up I actually think it looks sharp.  When you say Fenders inside fence do you mean attached and just laying there or unattached and stored?

Be very careful using fabric fender covers for style points. They can accumulate grit and retain contaminates that can scratch the boat as it rubs. We have friends with a huge cruiser that this happened to, not a good thing!

I use them ,but they never touch anything but my rub rail . I agree with grit & dirt 

Just looked but I don't have a picture with the fenders up I actually think it looks sharp.  When you say Fenders inside fence do you mean attached and just laying there or unattached and stored?

Most of the time ,its just my wife & I .We lay them on the seats .Under the seats when we have company 

On our 400 acre lake we never travel very fast. I usually forget and don't worry if I leave them hanging - if boat is crowded I purposely leave them hanging off sides or store under sun deck if I remember.  Never had a problem with them coming loose, but just in case I loop or tie the extra rope above the knot thru the rail or bimini leg next to clip. They are easy and quick to remove and replace in any case. 

On a 24' S-series, extended aft deck, would I be okay with just two fenders and bumpers on each side, or would I really want to have three?

IMO, you'll be fine with two total unless you like to raft up. Most of the places we go to on HL have tires on the docks but if not, I just pull mine out and place on whatever side needed. 

IMO, you'll be fine with two total unless you like to raft up. Most of the places we go to on HL have tires on the docks but if not, I just pull mine out and place on whatever side needed. 

We went with three, just in case one ever comes off while docked, the other two should still keep it pretty much protected. 

3 when rafting up, 2 otherwise.     Wisdom gained:  when you have someone else help you deploy them (or do anything on your boat) make sure they are on like you want them on. i.e. don't take for granted they'll do it right!!   I let my buddy put one out and he wrapped it around the rail and then hung it rather than just hung from the rail.  I got a large dent in the fence from bouncing off another boat. I was able to straighten most of it out but there is still a visible crease I always notice.  I chalk it up to newbie captain failure.  I should have checked on proper positioning.  No big deal,,, long time (~20 years) best friend.  When he first got his boat about 17 years ago I put a  scratch in the starboard front side  putting it on his trailer so this was unintentional payback. LOL    If it was a casual acquaintance I might have felt differently but still would have chalked it up to captain failure.

We had these installed on our toon. We had them on our R and liked them. Still have to put some black paint on them to conceal, or maybe I'll just let them go. I don't think they look that bad on the Blackout.

http://www.discountmarinesupplies.com/Fender_Hangers-Taylor_Fender_Locks.html?gclid=CJOwwu7OotMCFZuCswodkm8B6A

we just picked up our pontoon today. the dealer installed these as part of delivery and had fenders ready with correct rope length and knotted. fantastic ease of use and no adjustments needed. might be a bit frustrating to use if you need to continuously readjust the fenders. however, looks like one length will suit all our docking needs. 

we just picked up our pontoon today. the dealer installed these as part of delivery and had fenders ready with correct rope length and knotted. fantastic ease of use and no adjustments needed. might be a bit frustrating to use if you need to continuously readjust the fenders. however, looks like one length will suit all our docking needs. 

Welcome Peter, that is one nice build you have there! How about posting some pics when you have a chance. Down the road, a "post" on your impression of the Roswell Audio would be nice as well.

Never mind. Just saw your "post" on the Roswell system. Thanks!

Haven't seen them before but sure they will work.  Just want to make sure you pull the fenders before you drive away as I am not sure they would hold

I picked up some of those in the link above to try at the start of the season. Actually found mine on clearance at walmart and got 2 packs. We like them really well.

I picked up some of those in the link above to try at the start of the season. Actually found mine on clearance at walmart and got 2 packs. We like them really well.

Like the looks and concept. Looks like their made out of some type of plastic /nylon. Wonder how they hold up in time. Let everyone know!

Had something similar on a previous boat. They were for round rails, but same concept. Lock in the proper length and pop on/off as needed.  Right length every time. 

Back