Fenders - Traditional or the New Kind?????

Reaction score
i am ending my saltwater days in favor of a new Bennington 2350 RBR on a freshwater lake.  I see there are a number of new types of fenders especially designed for Pontoon Boats. I see Taylor makes them and there are others some of which are as much as $85 each....Yikes!  Has anyone found that any of the new style custom fenders for pontoons to be an absolute must buy?  I would like some comments for those that have bought these and paid the price.....Are they really worth $35 to $85 per fender?  Why not just dangle a traditional fender from the side verses buying someones invention?  Not sure?

I bought them, they were a PIA, I sold them at a loss. I like the traditional ones. Just my $.02

Still have 3 blue ones from my old Bow Rider. Don't match but who cares.......Just bought a 3 pack of 6x24 fenders from Sams Club for $17.44......it'll do the same job!

Traditional, 8.5 X 27 

i am ending my saltwater days in favor of a new Bennington 2350 RBR on a freshwater lake. I see there are a number of new types of fenders especially designed for Pontoon Boats. I see Taylor makes them and there are others some of which are as much as $85 each....Yikes! Has anyone found that any of the new style custom fenders for pontoons to be an absolute must buy? I would like some comments for those that have bought these and paid the price.....Are they really worth $35 to $85 per fender? Why not just dangle a traditional fender from the side verses buying someones invention? Not sure?
Congrats on the boat! I have the same model and you will love it. I also have the same fenders as Jack and they work great.

These are big boats that get tossed in the wind.

8.5 x 27.......

I carry two sizes; the ones that stay attached via my EZFenders and the huge ones stored under the seats for when I raft up with others

4ea 8.5 x 27 & 4ea smaller sized. Bigger is usually better especially for raft offs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KLM
Just my .02, I love the Taylor Made Pontoon Fenders. I think the regular ones are horribly ugly. the TM's work perfectly and are simple to put over.

Just my .02, I love the Taylor Made Pontoon Fenders. I think the regular ones are horribly ugly. the TM's work perfectly and are simple to put over.

I'll have to admit that I don't like the look of any fender, TM or any other, but I use the traditional BIG ONES (8" wide), so there is more protection between my vessel and anything I choose to get close to. And for the fact that they are all ugly, you won't see me riding around with them hanging over the side of my boat. Tacky!

I'll have to admit that I don't like the look of any fender, TM or any other, but I use the traditional BIG ONES (8" wide), so there is more protection between my vessel and anything I choose to get close to. And for the fact that they are all ugly, you won't see me riding around with them hanging over the side of my boat. Tacky!

And they flap into the panels while underway! I see this all the time on our lake.

I agree, Andy. Some people have them flapping around on their boat while under way as if they are added decoration.

We hardly ever take ours off ...
Then again at full throttle they barely move ...... :D

Nice set up! They kinda remind me of depth charges on the back of PT109. Ha!
Thanks, had a local guy make the holder, fits in the corner nicely and keeps them off the floor, unlike Semp they tend to flap at speed. Besides that stuff hanging underway drives me nuts!!!

Back