Finally had a guinea pig trying my tube.

Nice! Looks like good times!!

Did ya spin 'em???

Making Memories!!

How fast you going? Looks a bit too fast for a tube... sweet spot in low 20s I think. I cracked a rib last week getting thrown off a fast turn... be careful out there!

Pull all my tubers in there teens in mid 20’s and they love it.

Do you have the brackets on both toons (transducer mount / underwater light) ? I just see 3 very distinct "tails" in your wake. I'm also surprised with how much spray the tube is taking while in your wake. I used the wake area as kind of a "safe" area when there was some deep waves / wakes from other boats or rogue rollers. I would slide them back into the wake (when I had little nephews or nieces on the tube, or got "the look" from the wife) to wash out the other waves. Nice calm water that day, perfect for the big power whip. Whip them out one way , back off the throttle a little, then crank the wheel and punch it!! Back edge of the tube was all that touched the water and they whip out right beside you!! Ahhh, the memories! :)

I'm jealous you got good video. I bought a $50 action cam and I've yet to really take any good footage with it. My biggest problem is securely mounting it with the right viewing angle of the tube/kneeboard riders. The best I've used so far is a mount on my steaming light pole (above bimini.)

How fast you going? Looks a bit too fast for a tube... sweet spot in low 20s I think. I cracked a rib last week getting thrown off a fast turn... be careful out there!
I was doing about 32-34. :)

We take tubers at about 22-25 mph and skiiers about 25. They know to signal if they want to go slower or faster or to stop.........

So you guys are saying slower is better for whips? What I posted was my first time ever towing a tube. I’ve always towed skiers in the past.

So you guys are saying slower is better for whips? What I posted was my first time ever towing a tube. I’ve always towed skiers in the past.
You did great! Turn left or right and get them outside the wake. Keep turning and they'll be hanging on for dear life. Then.......Turn in the opposite direction and they'll whip across the wake and shoot to the other side and hang on for dear life!

I tow at a speed appropriate for the rider. For my daughter, that might be 15 to 20 MPH. With my son, well, lets just say I don't even look at the speedometer...

Back