Fire Extinguisher

I have 2 that are recalled. The red push button one was on the boat.

40 million units being recalled is a really BIG number. That can't be too good for earnings.

Look at Takata ....... filed bankruptcy. Probably selling off assets to help pay for recall, but that's not even close. Kiddies been around forever. Hopefully they can survive this. I'm actually surprised a fire extinguisher from 40 plus years ago is even any good. Guess I'll be looking at ours around the house.

Further back than Jacks post. From government recall site.
Plastic handle fire extinguishers: The recall involves 134 models of Kidde fire extinguishers manufactured between January 1, 1973 and August 15, 2017, including models that were previously recalled in March 2009 and February 2015. The extinguishers were sold in red, white and silver, and are either ABC- or BC-rated. The model number is printed on the fire extinguisher label. For units produced in 2007 and beyond, the date of manufacture is a 10-digit date code printed on the side of the cylinder, near the bottom. Digits five through nine represent the day and year of manufacture in DDDYY format. Date codes for recalled models manufactured from January 2, 2012 through August 15, 2017 are 00212 through 22717. For units produced before 2007, a date code is not printed on the fire extinguisher.

I'm going to the dealer next week ,last year my boat was accessible in storage .If it is this year I'll check that also .

Look for your model # Both of mine are H110G ,I have not been to the boat storage

facility yet

upload_2017-11-6_13-56-45.png

You can always call to check , 855-271-0773

thanks for that. I couldn't find mine listed in the paperwork but 1 of them was covered. the one that came with the new benny wasn't included

Received one of my new fire extinguishers today. You have to mail them back the old one in the same boxes that the new one comes in. Comes with a return shipping label.

I got an email asking to double check mine .

I just received 2 . I still have to file a claim for the one on the boat .

Yup got mine last week and put them back in the same boxes and sent them back. Still have to get the one under the helm.....

I got 2 replaced also but the one on the boat wasn’t one of the recalled. Our boat one is a first alert that they don’t deal with.

I got 2 replaced also but the one on the boat wasn’t one of the recalled. Our boat one is a first alert that they don’t deal with.
The extra one I have under the helm is exactly like the other two extinguishers.....

The extra one I have under the helm is exactly like the other two extinguishers.....

My only boat extinguisher was a First Alert. The 2 that did get replaced were from inside the lake house- one was actually 30 years old!

Weird, they have a 6 year warranty, but are recalled after 20-30 years????
I also had 2 replaced. Still have to check boat in spring.

Mine are stamped 2018 on the bottom

I replaced one still have to check the one on the boat this spring.

Weird, they have a 6 year warranty, but are recalled after 20-30 years????
I also had 2 replaced. Still have to check boat in spring.

The 30 year one was actually in a storage shed (where I had left it) when we bought our place but I thought I’d ask anyway. When I called they said yes it’s covered. She didn’t seem at all surprised. It’s recommended to replace extinguishers after 12 years I think. Recalls went back to 1973. Only plastic mechanisms were affected not the ones with metal triggers.

Back