First boat on order! Help check options

tsbrooks122

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, my first post here.  I've been doing a lot of reading on this forum though to help decide what all to get.  This is going to be our first boat and I didn't want to end out with a case of PADS, so thank you all for your responses to previous threads.  Well I went to my local dealer yesterday and put our boat on order.  We decided on a 2018 22 SFXAPG with Dual Stern Gates and extended Aft Deck.  Since we will be using the boat for cruising with friends and some watersports, we decided on the SPS package with the Yamaha 150.  Other options are Dual Battery with switch, Heavy Duty Rub Rail with protectors, Trolling Motor Harness and Gate, Docking Lights, Privacy Enclosure with Frame and Curtain, Kicker Speaker Upgrade, Ski Pylon, a couple portable cup holders, and the 4 pole rod holder.  Color is Ocean Blue with matching Bimini with LED lights.  Interior is Sandstone with Ocean Blue Diamond accent, Zebrawood Slate, and Woven Vinyl Slate flooring. 

Anything you guys see that I'm missing?

Thanks again for the help

How about Sharkhide?

52" or 48" ski pylon? I'm partial to the stainless steel rub rails and docking lights with the chrome raised Benny logo. What fish finder did you go with?

Nice build!

Just an FYI, we have a set of cup holders that the wife has asked that they be put in storage to see if we really miss them. If we don't, they will probably be offered up for free on this site. I know others have pulled them off their boats as well. Food for thought. In their place, I'd be tempted to go with the raised Benny logo as Rockie69 stated above.  

We also removed the privacy curtain for more storage under the seat. We never used it. 

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

We also eliminated the privacy curtain to have the storage space. It does depend though where you boat. We are on a 400 acre lake and can return to the house relatively quick if needed. 

52" or 48" ski pylon? I'm partial to the stainless steel rub rails and docking lights with the chrome raised Benny logo. What fish finder did you go with?

46" ski pylon. I haven't decided on a fish finder yet. Was thinking about a Humminbird or Lowrance. Still need to decide on a trolling motor also. 

We also eliminated the privacy curtain to have the storage space. It does depend though where you boat. We are on a 400 acre lake and can return to the house relatively quick if needed. 

Also have eliminated privacy curtain on every Bennington I have owned. Never have need to change on the boat. I like maximum storage space.

Last edited by a moderator:
We did not get the privacy enclosure either. So much more space under the sun deck 

Congratulations on the new order! We do use the privacy curtain, how about a raised helm or adjustable seat, our next boat will have the elevated helm. Sounds like a great build, I'm sure you'll love the SPS W/150 combo! Pics will be a must!

Didn't see any mention of in floor storage, you can NEVER have too much storage!! 

Welcome aboard. Nice build. I say Blackout .....  ;)

Is this going to be a salt water or fresh water boat?

I don't have the center toon storage but should have ordered it.

Also, seriously consider adding the power assist. It is night and day difference.

Nice boat.

We have a 150 Yammie with the SPS on a 21slx. Love it. I would second the power assist steering. Ours isn't bad, but the power assist would be sweet.

We also had the privacy curtain and took it down to the extra space.

Interesting comment on the cup holders. My wife has asked me to find a couple more.

Wish I had gotten the stainless rub rail.

Welcome to the world of the best pontoon on the water.

Is this going to be a salt water or fresh water boat?

I don't have the center toon storage but should have ordered it.

Also, seriously consider adding the power assist. It is night and day difference.

This will be a fresh water boat. 

Thanks for all the replies, I will check about the in floor storage. 

Back