First Dent

Hey JTaylor,

The first is the worst. I feel your pain man!! We put our first dent in the center toon loading it for the first time in a strong left to right wind and hit the guide for the trailer. It is only cosmetic and not very noticeable but it is a dent. We had 1.1 hours at the time.....ouch!!

take care and have fun.

Later,

Marc

I put the first dent in our rub rail the second time we docked. My wife was there when I did it, now I can't blame it on my kids.

Andy 

If I have created a dent, I am not aware.  However, there is a gouge in the captains chair that somehow occurred, not sure how, but it had to be me.

If I have created a dent, I am not aware.  However, there is a gouge in the captains chair that somehow occurred, not sure how, but it had to be me.
Anything in your pockets ,I have a habit of putting tools in my back pockets .Bad Habit .

Anything in your pockets ,I have a habit of putting tools in my back pockets .Bad Habit .
Very bad habit! Especially screwdrivers. I always use the front pocket, this way I stab myself and not the seats etc.    :D    Actuallt, I always bring a small tool caddy which works out well and I don't drop stuff in the lake either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I learned years ago on an old car that didn't matter .

I keep a tool caddy under the helm .Which hopefully will never get opened .

It happens to the best of us. I took the time and effort to polish my toons. First time out, I pulled up to the dock  only to hear a bang and the bow bounced away. Turns out there was a piece of angle sticking out just below water level. It split the keel guard on the front of that HIGH GLOSS POLISHED TOON and left a couple nice grooves, not just scratches, in the nose cone. What can you do? What could I do?         In the words of Forrest Gump.......Shit Happens......       I'm just damn glad it didn't poke a hole clear thru..and nobody got hurt.    Anyway, Life goes on and I am actually kinda giggling as I write this because now my Benny has character. It's been wounded but it still floats and provides me with joy and happiness... What the hell, I can't see it from the my perch upon the mighty Captains Helm.

It happens to the best of us. I took the time and effort to polish my toons. First time out, I pulled up to the dock  only to hear a bang and the bow bounced away. Turns out there was a piece of angle sticking out just below water level. It split the keel guard on the front of that HIGH GLOSS POLISHED TOON and left a couple nice grooves, not just scratches, in the nose cone. What can you do? What could I do?         In the words of Forrest Gump.......Shit Happens......       I'm just damn glad it didn't poke a hole clear thru..and nobody got hurt.    Anyway, Life goes on and I am actually kinda giggling as I write this because now my Benny has character. It's been wounded but it still floats and provides me with joy and happiness... What the hell, I can't see it from the my perch upon the mighty Captains Helm.
You just reduced the weight in front by at least a 1/4 ounce. Should be able to get that nose just that much higher out of the water what that beast hanging off the back!

Was that at a marina ?

Jack M... No.. It was courtesy dock at the ramp on Corps of Engineers area. There is no recourse there !!!!!

Hey..If it would help, I would be glad to come down and put the first ding on yours   :rolleyes:

Jack M... No.. It was courtesy dock at the ramp on Corps of Engineers area. There is no recourse there !!!!!

Hey..If it would help, I would be glad to come down and put the first ding on yours   :rolleyes:
No Thanks ,I'll take the beer though

Hey JTaylor,

Sorry to hear that. I'm a bit nervous about this sort of thing as well. Our first boat is on order, we get it in a few weeks. Sounds exactly like something that would happen to me.

Reading this post is a good reminder to me to be careful as I'm learning to navigate these boats.

Good luck, and unless it really bothers you, let it be. I bet you're the only one who will ever know. Besides your good friends here on the forums.
Go to Menards. Get one of the heavy duty flat bed yard carts that steer in the back (by your feet). Put a couple 8 or 10 foot 2x4s on the cart so they hang off the bow (I mean, front of the cart). That's just to make the cart longer, like your pontoon boat. Push it around the store for a while. It will maneuver a lot like your boat will.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to Menards. Get one of the heavy duty flat bed yard carts that steer in the back (by your feet). Put a couple 8 or 10 foot 2x4s on the cart so they hang off the bow (I mean, front of the cart). That's just to make the cart longer, like your pontoon boat. Push it around the store for a while. It will maneuver a lot like your boat will.
Thanks. Just got banned from Menards...

Oh No Rockie, your not leaving it at that!  Banned? Please explain :)

Thanks. Just got banned from Menards...
Hey..., I feel your pain... My wife cut me off a few years back. I was getting to the point where I really was wanting a little. She bent over in front of me to pick up the laundry detergent one day so I took advantage of the situation......... They kicked us out of Walmart for a year!!!

Hey..., I feel your pain... My wife cut me off a few years back. I was getting to the point where I really was wanting a little. She bent over in front of me to pick up the laundry detergent one day so I took advantage of the situation......... They kicked us out of Walmart for a year!!!
Does your wife read this forum ? :eek:

Welcome to the dark side of the forum toon'r!

Back