First impressions

Mike31406

Reaction score
Launched our 2250 GSR yesterday, what a day!  Turned the key, didn't hear anything, was about to turn it again when I looked at the tach and saw it was registering.  The wife and I couldn't believe how quite it ran.   Next impression was how effortlessly the power steering was.  Some of you may remember that adding power steering this one one of my concerns during the build.  I am so glad I did.  In keeping with the break in procedure I didn't take it much over 2000 rpm so no high speed turns.  But even at low speeds  it was very obvious that we made the right decision going with the sps option.  It handled soo much better than my previous 20 year old pontoon.  The dock company I hired to change my lift from a pontoon to tritoon wanted the boat on station before he did the modification.  Instead of arriving at stated time he texted that his parts man had ordered the wrong bunks and that the new ones wouldn't be here for a few days.  I decided to bring the boat into the slip anyway and not raise the lift.  In doing so I felt more resistance than normal, a closer look after tying up revealed that the "splash guards?" were wider than  my previous boat and rubbed on my lift guides.  I hope I can get it back off without doing any damage.  We are looking forward to having a great summer on her.  I would post more pictures but I keep getting an error message, will keep trying.

Mike, after hearing your first encounter. The excitement will only get better as you increase your speeds with the SPS and power steering. Those of us that have the power steering would never go back! 

Mark another one on the column for a well informed buyer because they got involved with the forum.

Now enjoy the hell out of that boat! 

Sounds like a great day.  Power steering with SPS is the key to getting full performance out of that set-up. It makes the whole boating experience more enjoyable.

Hey Mike, that engine will take some getting used to, being it's so quiet. Congratulations and enjoy your summer!

In keeping with the break in procedure I didn't take it much over 2000 rpm so no high speed turns.  

Take your time breaking in the engine.  Follow the manufacturer's instructions, and you'll have a lifetime of good performance out of that engine.  

Sounds like a good first trip out on the new boat.  Looking forward to some pictures when you get the opportunity.  Once again, congratulations on the new boat, and an upcoming summer of fun on the water.

Back