FIRST OIL CHANGE

RodEarl74

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question. Dealer suggested I change the oil on my Mercury Verado 350 at 20hrs. Mercury owners manual states 100hrs.

Which is correct?

I had mine changed on my 150 at 20 hours ,then every 100 after

I had mine changed on my 150 at 20 hours ,then every 100 after
thank you! I have it at the dealer for some minor repair's. USB at the helm didnt work. May as well have them change the oil while it's there

I didn't change the oil after 20 hours mainly because it would have been a PITA because I don't have a trailer. Of course, I did it at the end of the season (79 hours) and it seems to have survived. That said, if you have it at the dealer, I'd do it just because that seems to be the thing to do. Certainly can't hurt!

I didn't change the oil after 20 hours mainly because it would have been a PITA because I don't have a trailer. Of course, I did it at the end of the season (79 hours) and it seems to have survived. That said, if you have it at the dealer, I'd do it just because that seems to be the thing to do. Certainly can't hurt!
I told my dealer to just do it since it's there! Cant hurt. Oil's cheap, motors are expensive!

I did my first at 15, then annually.

15 hours! Must not have taken long to get there. We took ours out on it’s maiden voyage for a week when we bought it. We put 15 hours on it that trip. Tons of fun! Loves these Bennington.

Easy to do yourself if you buy the proper tools... will save you tons of money over the course of your ownership...

Easy to do yourself if you buy the proper tools... will save you tons of money over the course of your ownership...
Seems pretty easy to do! I’ll have the dealer do the first one since it’s there. I’ll maintain it myself after that.

Believe that the purpose of the first oil change after 15 hours is in case there are metal shavings from the new motor therefore important to do

Have to agree with Link,
That is what I was Told By Yamaha and Dealer

My personal surprise is the original Impeller for my Yamaha is still running with no problems
I have 145 hours on engine and had dealer check it before he brought the Benny out in May
Still running and No Worries
I keep thinking it is ready to be changed but am surprised to have it doing well
Anyone else out there having experience with this
What is the normal number of hours for a new impeller
I always thought 100

I had mine changed at 150 ( give or take a few ) hours

Good News and bad News (lol)
Looks Like I AM On Schedule
The Bad News Is
I Don't Want To Pull It Out Till The Season Is Over
I explained to NEW Dealer
I would rather have it done before the season begins
But he said no need (lol)
Not many turn down the opportunity to make money
Will Keep An Eye On It
Thank You Jack
EANWL9ilYvd4x5GeRERn4OSYDth58mQpgLBPp-zeXuQLFZtD5bZYVgdzgXJP-pibK2doYCP0fxCX1ejrseN5y47AGRpI-ZMcd4fCqLR-GmwZ4U5QX1XLyoUQS_nEFsV5FCgYLhlq0zwATo_MWcwIA5fXgpuWZe2ttE_HZTuQo7yor6Eiexvn25ziDL821VOmSEe10O4YvuVdivtKQnBTZyUVqqkTqO0GaH4Jwii1qlU4MAC97klICRz-du2ngPykXoqNoev-PgmQQpOPzTYNZgfJT-uYsnsgLttKvsYM98APzibbMSffrsNMqawqv3RkJOh-16nTUSFLM1dMu5wKfOJSJQt0W4jp2BrZ4J8SggJpoRudLj27gbe3WdWoUGBYAsz9QliJ7WPCYl7rSlhURmKi3pjcoHHkjXLHNngAtUPFqOzOBmHgRDGm_pqyiFXE2pmgCTWQAyx5NQO3h6NtkmHqYCgSfQW2m4ojOs_xj3ouxmu3QKyw08dZoE40PDf6e0TRT-0JJb2EtvvxWnyk0FDhfy-WBxzo8BGGRV_I1ASuZFJiTbOyU7WUBHhpJTlXfFcmIhUrxb0bpaS2CHSNbafGMjtHqrgnUyzepdA=w1023-h767-no

Dealer said mine was OK ,but it is recommended service and I purchased the 7 year warranty .

Mercury Manual states 300 hours for impeller replacement. I'll probably change it at the end of the season!

I agree ,thats why I did it at 3 years

I agree ,thats why I did it at 3 years
how'd it look when you replaced it? How many hours did you have after 3 years?

I didn't see it ,dealer replaced it when I took it it in for storage .Had around 150 hours . They said it was OK ,would have lasted longer

Back