FIRST OIL CHANGE

I didn't see it ,dealer replaced it when I took it it in for storage .Had around 150 hours . They said it was OK ,would have lasted longer
That’s good to know. Where do you boat?

Inland Water Way ,Northern Michigan .Mostly Burt Lake ,some times on Mullett

Believe that the purpose of the first oil change after 15 hours is in case there are metal shavings from the new motor therefore important to do
But you don't do it with a new car. As for the impeller, I changed it at 6 years and will do it again this year. It didn't look bad and wasn't cracked. I installed a water pressure gauge many years ago to tell if it's failing.It's above the cup holder.

But you don't do it with a new car. As for the impeller, I changed it at 6 years and will do it again this year. It didn't look bad and wasn't cracked. I installed a water pressure gauge many years ago to tell if it's failing.It's above the cup holder.
6 YEARS! WOW! On my old boat we did it every season! I had the Volvo Penta 5.0L V8. We boat on the lower Colorado River. Water temperatures in the summer reach 90. Probably average 80 during boating season...

You're comparing apples to oranges

You're comparing apples to oranges
I suppose I am. Just used to servicing it more often. Volvo said every other season. I just doubled it up!

Water quality I think is the biggest factor. Dirty, sandy might wear faster. Heat I think would be next, hardening it and it loses it seal against the pump casing. Personally, I think 3-5 years for me. I'm on 85 hours and my third year.

I agree. The places that we boat can be very sandy and the water temp is on the very warm side. I’ll ask the dealer and other owners in my area how often they do it/recommend.

I follow the manufactures recommendations ,just so I dont void the warranty

Lake Norman gets in the 90's in the summer.

It’s smart to follow the manufacture recommendations for sure. I’ll do the same but it also says that the impeller may require more frequent servicing. Love my boat and want it to last a lifetime.

Lake Norman gets in the 90's in the summer.
That’s about the same as Lake Havasu gets near the end of summer. Water temp currently is 80°

Thursday we were at 68 .
Water temp already 90 at Lake of Ozarks today! Don’t want it to get much warmer than that!

WOW

I Thought My Hours Were Low
Looks Like I Am Above Average or At Normal Levels
To Me Ideal Time On The Boat Would Average 100 Hours A Season
With Only 145 Total In My 4th Year
Seems Low
Looking Forward To Spending More Time On Benny

6OpG5_Jh4Kp8YL55I2LOQn2GhQ0KLdt5Sxv8mdCx-D9E2dkW976bBzcQwhDURhGdOPgXbYIkgdsr34k6pDCmjwuF56sQQs0N_ZS6bm_5ppFdXa90_3B9qrvXg0mGdBBsHcxgvFe0Plu8yOCaxMjFx3HklkgzVwXCgb0id9JM_dA-hR4YxQ8fKEcgLKaiVdbmLLGr7y9D4gozGwzaAuVzEmsvXdL_U0QcOKVUHwZAsLlHsY5nvGGNdelWd2aSTTDT--BZKXkBeKMPmi71TRb_f7pJp9Q-2ojQFYXgTBoBAjPgihi0TOSTFYfYU2zwoiYkQ4IKs9KDPz_UJWgwJSwg3SWs2d6LI-ScOPMgzeaPuWdBnAz6WGi_Ty3dXKPXYd1e6jc8CL58WYDs1vvovOtEj545vVi0eU1TIDHt7RoThArhW0c1Jetoz2_sUy3TeXj_xLMCCYgDGoRRxVJ6yH7f6wPdX49IiazB0jK3mzl85reXL48Ogq-l8GX-yHyH48H-8qQKN1ukv7Hc_BmLD_cVfVO3s1pJb4YFWNG9hHWeKItq3h0W7G_W-tMKjNKM3BVoPjJvUYwJ8v805PDIdi_No1dhzcBiBEDQVpr7PYo=w1023-h767-no

Water temp already 90 at Lake of Ozarks today! Don’t want it to get much warmer than that!
When the air temperature reaches 115° that water temp isn’t very refreshing! We will deal with that in July and August.

Back