First Pontoon: 2018 Bennington 23SSBXP....Can't Wait!

There seems to be a lot of varying thoughts on top end speed with the Ultra Legs and Sea Legs. I think I will hold off for now until more concrete numbers start coming in from other members.

The great thing, as mentioned earlier, is they can always get added later. Given their cost, might not hurt to see how it is without them where you will dock up.

There are a couple of members specifically with Sea Legs (which I believe are slightly lighter...?). The only issue might be whether they ever had their boats prior to adding them so that they have a concrete idea of how much it slowed them down.

Given their weight and placement, I’d have to think you will lose at least 5 mph.

Congrats and looks to be a beautiful boat. You'll love it. One additional thing to consider is adding Sharkhide. I originally wanted it and my dealer talked me out of it. I went ahead and applied it myself once the boat was delivered and I'm so glad I did. I have a couple of buddies who have since had their tubes cleaned and Sharkhide applied but up to that point they looked really cruddy. Mine have held up very well so far. Mine doesn't sit in a slip but it's super easy to wipe down once the boat is out of the water and on the trailer. The stuff does work.

Today my dealer had Bennington add this to my order for me!

I think you'll be glad you did. Even though I applied my own and it wasn't hard, it's always better to have the factory do it. I would recommend getting a can yourself (about $60) for touch-ups. Areas where you rub the dock or bumpers will eventually wear off and reapplying it is as simple as putting some on a cloth diaper and wiping on. Our water out here is extremely hard and you can easily see the tubes that have used it and those that haven't.

I’ll be on my third boat with Sea Legs when we pick up the new one next month. From my experience you can expect to lose 5 or 6 mph. For those who hold top speed as a top priority I can see why they wouldn’t like them. For others where the convenience of not dragging a traditional lift in and out every year or trailer to other lakes, other docks, etc. and having a lift with you wherever you go is more important than top speed then they are worth every penny.

Congrats and welcome to Bennington family here! Great build; I get a lot of use out of my stereo; don't forget the cooler, plasticware, safety gear, boat hook, paddle, snacks. Cap't chair is nice. Have a great summer!

With a 2/26 order I was thinking I would have a build date by now but the dealer said they haven't seen it come in yet. :(

With a 2/26 order I was thinking I would have a build date by now but the dealer said they haven't seen it come in yet. :(

It’s probably a 8-10 week lead time so you are still a couple weeks to minimum lead time.

This is from years back when they were building even less boats:
Although the schedule is locked 6 weeks in advance, spring order volume pushes the next "opening" much farther out; as much as 8-12 weeks, depending on the region. If your dealer has guaranteed you a production date, that's great. It means he has forecasted with the Regional Sales Manager and feels confident. We use Saturday production days throughout the year to help regions catch up or stay on track. Many dealers would rather suggest an approximate "delivery window"...say 8-10 weeks from order date

I received word today that we are expecting a June 13th delivery to the dealer. We ordered on Feb. 26. I figured people could use this info to help them understand their timeline a little better. This is 2 weeks later than we were originally told so be prepared for a slight delay.

Update: We finally plan to take delivery on 6/22. The dealer needed one week to install Ultra Legs, rig the motor, and do sea trials. I will post photos and continue to update this thread as we progress through the summer with our new house payment, I mean Bennington pontoon.

Nice! I can’t wait to see what your top end will be. With basically the same boat but with a 150hp Merc I’m hitting 35 mph at 5200 rpm. Do you know what prop they’re putting on there?

Nice setup, I put a 200 Mercury on my 2018, 23 SSBXP,,, 45 mph WOT.
wow! thats fast. I can barley get to 51 mph with my verado 350...

Nice! I can’t wait to see what your top end will be. With basically the same boat but with a 150hp Merc I’m hitting 35 mph at 5200 rpm. Do you know what prop they’re putting on there?

I do not but, will let you know.

Also was told we are getting a 2019, not that it really matters that much.

Also was told we are getting a 2019, not that it really matters that much.

It’ll be interesting to see if there’s any little changes from 2018.

I do not but, will let you know.

Thanks! I have a 17p on mine and will hit 5200 rpm. The dealer said they tried a 15p and hit the rev limiter so they went back to the 17. I’d really like to try a 16p to get the rpms up a bit.

Just curious........What will that 150 do with the sea legs installed, 6 people, full tank, Bimini up and full gear (cooler, food, skis etc.) onboard?

Back