Fishing Chair Mount - 20' SLI

kanop44

Reaction score
I haven't taken delivery on my 2011 20 SLI yet and was thinking of adding 1 or 2 chair mounts in the back (non-carpeted) area. Hopefully, there is sufficient space and I'll be able to add the post and chairs when needed. Would love some feedback before I get started.

I haven't taken delivery on my 2011 20 SLI yet and was thinking of adding 1 or 2 chair mounts in the back (non-carpeted) area. Hopefully, there is sufficient space and I'll be able to add the post and chairs when needed. Would love some feedback before I get started.
There appears to be enough room to add one chair mount opposite the swim ladder side of the boat. Not sure I would add two chair mounts and here is why;

Is it possible that a floor mount located infront of the swim ladder could be a "toe stubber" ? Worthy of a good hard look.

Prior to picking up our new SLi, we had the dealer add a second table mount up in front of the right lounger/seating area.

I was specific where I had the table mount located as to not look like an after thought. I made sure it was centered and placed the same

distance as the rear floor table mount. I like the option of two tables. I have not ordered the second table & post yet.

GL and post a few pics of your new TOON!

Last edited by a moderator:
There appears to be enough room to add one chair mount opposite the swim ladder side of the boat. Not sure I would add two chair mounts and here is why;

Is it possible that a floor mount located infront of the swim ladder could be a "toe stubber" ? Worthy of a good hard look.

Prior to picking up our new SLi, we had the dealer add a second table mount up in front of the right lounger/seating area.

I was specific where I had the table mount located as to not look like an after thought. I made sure it was centered and placed the same

distance as the rear floor table mount. I like the option of two tables. I have not ordered the second table & post yet.

GL and post a few pics of your new TOON!
Thanks for the suggestion. That does appear to be the location. I bought the SLI because of the layout, particularly the space in the rear. It has potential, but like you, I don't want it to look like an afterthought.

Can't wait to take delivery and get out on the water!

I also just purchased a 20 SLi. It is going to be built on 04/25/11. I am also mounting a chair on the stern deck opposite the ladder. We have 27 inches to work with.I think it is just bearly enough room. We also took out the smaller port side couch and exchanged it for a helm chair. Then we added a live well in the port bow corner. Our Pontoon will be in blue w/ gold and silver acent stripes and the chrome looking raised letters Dark Mocha Palm carpet & 25" toons, also added a fish finder. We went with the Yamaha T50 because our lake is only 247 acres. I felt the F70 would not benefit us much. Where are we going to go? After 4o years of owning much more powerful boats this is my 1st pontoon. We have a bunk trailer on order also just because I do not want to depend on anyone else when I want to or need to pull the boat out. I am a bit on edge about getting it on and off the trailer.

Not to worry about that, i think it is easier than my other v bottm boats...The wind can give you fits sometimes but common sense will prevail... B) Leave the bunks out far enough to be able to see them...drive on crank it up and slowly pull her out ...Really not that bad...Have a great season....

Not to worry about that, i think it is easier than my other v bottm boats...The wind can give you fits sometimes but common sense will prevail... B) Leave the bunks out far enough to be able to see them...drive on crank it up and slowly pull her out ...Really not that bad...Have a great season....
Thanks hawk00 The dealer is going to deliver it to our lake and walk us through everything. Well that is what we were told at time of sale. I will let you know how it goes in about a month fom know when it is to be delivered.

Back