Fishing Chairs - 2015 22SFX

d dowell

Reaction score
I bought a Bennington which survived Michael with minimal damage, but the previous owners lost the two aft fishing chairs and the coffee table. I looked at dealer replacement, but they wanted $300+ea for the chairs, which I found elsewhere (OEM) for $160 (plus $35 shipping). My problem now is the correct hardware - pedestal post and seat base. From the dealer again, I'm looking at over $250 for the pair, so I'm examining alternatives.

Does anyone know who makes the Pedestal Base for Bennington? I'm betting they don't make it themselves. It looks a lot like a Springfield "Taper Lock" might fit, as shown here:
http://www.cascadedepot.com/taper-lock-13-locking-pedestal-with-swivel/#, but I don't want to buy something without having a pretty good feeling it would work.

the port is around 2.5" in diameter, and definitely has a pin that is smaller that fits in the very bottom of the female part.

Any ideas other than "you really should buy from the dealer" would be appreciated. they're nice folks, but I gotta eat, too!

If possible, take post to local Cabellas or Bass Pro. They have different bases you could test fit.
Look on your captains chair base for a decal. The fishing seat bases are probably from same manufacturer.

If possible, take post to local Cabellas or Bass Pro. They have different bases you could test fit.
Look on your captains chair base for a decal. The fishing seat bases are probably from same manufacturer.

Appreciate the response. Unfortunately, it is the post, swivel and seat I am missing. After looking at it, I am fairly confident that it is a Springfield taper lock, and according to their website, they do manufacture for Bennington.

I do know my past Bennington had Springfield bases. Not positive on y newest one.

My 2019 Bennington has Springfield bases/posts for the table and captains chairs

So, I figured out that my pedestals are Springfield taper Locks. Thanks for the help. Found some cheap OEM seats at Great Lakes, too.

Next project is the front "captain" seats, which have springfield AD bases, and supposedly slide fore and aft, swivel, and recline. Neither will recline, one will swivel. Neither move fore and aft, but that is simple, as there is an easy to access mechanism that likely needs lube. Same for the swivel problem. I think the spring pin freezes up. The Recline, however, is a head scratcher, as I can't figure out how one even gets in there. Any ideas?

Back