Fishing Wires from one side to the other.

LS14EVR

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the right direction. Looking to fish some wires from one side of my rear loungers to the other for speaker purposes. I have a 2015 R23.
I have seagrass flooring in the aft and carpet in the middle so I was thinking of maybe trying to use the trim piece between the two floorings as a way to route the wires. Anyone have other ideas?

I used the fiberglass rods that are part of a fireplace flue cleaning brush to fish a new Faria depth gauge transducer wire forward from rear port up to mid boat then across to starboard under helm and then up through hole that all power and steering cables come through. I pulled a string first and then used string to pull cable . It's not hard to fish wires under deck this way and then come up through an existing hole that is already present for other wires and hoses. I would use a quality wire with good protective jacket so it doesn't easily get damaged under deck. Can always drill a hole in deck in hidden area if no nearby holes present. My boat was under skinned with wave shields and I just took my time and got it done with this method.

Last edited:
I've used the fiberglass rod set from Harbor Freight to fish wires when installing my stereo a few years ago. Worked great. I just taped the wires to the rods and pushed them to where they needed to go.

Thanks guys. I'm skinned underneath as well with wave shields. These may be some possibilities. I may have to look into running further forward or aft than needed just to use a hole that is already there. Thanks again.

Thanks guys. I'm skinned underneath as well with wave shields. These may be some possibilities. I may have to look into running further forward or aft than needed just to use a hole that is already there. Thanks again.
It would be much easier with 2 people as ** when ** it hangs up you can rattle rods and helper can guide tip past obstacles with another pole. I did it by myself from rear of port toon forward, then across midship to starboard and up through helm access hole for all wires and steering. Was adding transponder for new Faria depth gauge. Took some patience.....and beer.....lol.... :p

Using the fiberglass fish poles i ran a couple of 2 gauge welding cable wires from the battery in the rear to under the console for the stereo. I have the under skinning as well and did it by myself with the boat on a lift in our boathouse. There's a small space when looking from the side of the boat between the floor and the side trim.

You can also remove the deck cover cap from over the gas tank sending unit. That gives you a halfway point. I also used the fiberglass rodding from HF.

Back