Flag holder

DaveAndMikki

Reaction score
New owner and looking for a good flag holder that will clamp on to rail. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

I looked at ones from Home Depot and West Marine. Ended up buying the one from my Bennington Dealer as it was much better quality (paid a lot more but glad I did)

Welcome ! They also make clips that hook onto your Stern light. That's where we mounted our flag.(sorry don't have a pic)

We went with velcro ties until I could figure something else out. Very easy but not as fancy as a specific pole. Looks better with two black vecro straps.

Attachments

• flag.jpg
    flag.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 133
Interesting that I am willing to spend $40k on a pontoon, but pull up short on spending for a nice flag pole. I feel good about saving money using velcro for some strange reason. I know, some sort of rationalization going on in my mind. :)

But when my wife criticizes me for spending the money on the boat, I can say - but I saved money on the flag pole!

We went with velcro ties until I could figure something else out. Very easy but not as fancy as a specific pole. Looks better with two black vecro straps.
I think that black strap on your bimini top should come down around the strut, then wrap around the inside side of the boat, and then snap from the inside. Should help tighten your Bimini fabric.

Thanks kaydano. I will try that. Didn't notice it with all the other new stuff to learn.

NP. I'm a HUGE fan of Velcro too. It's the perfect compliment to duck tape when you don't want stuff getting sticky. I buy it by the roll.

I used 1" PVC, zip ties, and pole holders clamped to my ski tow bar

I have two of those on my tow bar. I use them for my extended cover now, but thought they’d be a good flag holder.

I have the live well and that unit has two rod holders. I am going to try putting flag pole about the length of a broom stick, maybe a little longer and see if that works. Anyone try that?

I have the live well and that unit has two rod holders. I am going to try putting flag pole about the length of a broom stick, maybe a little longer and see if that works. Anyone try that?

Thinking the same as you are, have you found a pole that sits in the rod holders yet?
I've just started looking.

Back