Flag Pole dimensions

Link

Reaction score
I have the Bennington factory supplied flagpole.  I love the quality but was thinking I might like to fly a larger flag.  I meant to measure the diameter of the pole and also measure the center of the holes that the pin goes through to place the staff on the stand. 

Meant to measure before I left the lake this past Sunday but forgot, if anyone is close to their Benny and can do so for me I would appreciate it

Hi Link,

The diameter of the main hole is 1", the height of the pin hole is 2 5/8" from the base, and the diameter of the pin hole is 1/4".  I love my flag pole; however, I wish it was taller.  When flying my flag, it gets wet from water spray.  

Thanks azray.  Mine doesn't really get wet as I don't throw up a lot of spray while cruising at 9mph :p .  I would like to fly a larger US flag

We have a fairly large flag store not far from home in Albany.  We are heading up to the lake this morning and since I wont have time to go to the flagstore so I am considering stopping at Lowes and picking up black or white pvc.  I may try the pvc but if it looks chincy I wont mind throwing it out as it is so cheap

I would love to find an original version of the pole but in a longer length.  I guess I could always reach out to Bennington to see who makes them and then reach out to the manufacturer. 

Good luck with the lower pole.  I took the white flag pole from the front of my house, that I got from Lowe's, and slide it into the flag pole holder on the boat.  It fit perfectlyl

Good luck!  I tried to post some images in the Gallery but only one posted and I can't determine how to delete the failed uploads or the whole album.  I'll try to send them directly to you.

/monthly_2016_09/large.IMG_3756.JPG.3d5558c43ef2afd929aceb7ad502b4a1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want a lower pole I wand a much longer pole.  Good to know about the pole at Lowes, I may stop in and see if they have a long one

I don't want a lower pole I wand a much longer pole.  Good to know about the pole at Lowes, I may stop in and see if they have a long one

If I was able to post the other image, this pole is about 6'.  I'm not sure if they have any longer flag poles, but you can definitely check.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Back