Flag Pole Option

Kahlua0517

Reaction score
Did anyone purchase the Bennington flag pole option with their boat?  I was wondering where the actually mounts and if it interferes with the mooring cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
You purchase from Bennington but it is a dealer installed item.  I would say that it does not effect the mooring cover.  Not sure what model you have but on my RL ot is mounted on the port side of the rear deck and my cover does not cover it

It's a 2550 RCL that's still on order.  I was thinking about the flag option but I was unsure where it was mounted.  Anyone have a photo?

Port stern corner is optimal. You don't want it on ladder side. There's a generic Bennington pic that gives you a basic idea if you go to build a boat options and click the camera next to flag option. You should be able to tell your dealer where to mount as Link stated.

Thanks.  I knew that I had seen a photo but thought that it was in the catalog.

It's in 2014 catalog page 50.

Thanks, the catalog that I have has a photo on page 62 but it only shows the flag not the mount.  Must be an older version.

I wouldn't think so but we pull tubes or anything else

Doubtful if it's on port side. You could always pop it off and on as needed.

I have seen people use the anchor light? I was thinking of doing that

I have it on mine but mine is a 2005 R.  It's on the starboard side which SUCKS because that's the side of the boat I dock up to so it is very unsafe to board with that thing right in the way.  The mount is immediately behind the back panel just to the right (as viewing it if you are on the stern of the boat facing the bow) of the rear boarding door.  However, I don't know where they would mount it on the port side.  That's the very reason I didn't end up purchasing that expensive flag pole mount from Tig Tech.

The dealer asked me what I thought of the position that Bennington recommended for the flag and I wanted it much close to the motor on the port side. That allows full boarding without being in the way. Definitely not on the starboard side, way too much going on there.

Yeah I'm just not sure where I could mount one on the port side on my boat.  I don't have faith that the bottom rail area is strong enough and even if it is I don't see how I could get to the bottom of it to secure it.  If anyone has any ideas please let me know because I would LOVE to install one on that side.

Not to change the topic but can we expand this to dock/beach flag poles as well? I want to get either a double flag setup for the end of the dock or one for our future beach area.

Tom, Very Cool!  Where did you get the Bennington flag?  Available in different sizes as well?

Tom, Very Cool!  Where did you get the Bennington flag?  Available in different sizes as well?
I got a black flag and a white flag as part of a swag bag at the open house.

Back