Flag Pole Option

so....what are you doing with the white one??

Also, love that mount. I'll show the wife as we have not been able to find one we like. That looks good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should mention that nothing but Harris was sold on this lake for multiple generations, with a few Premiers recently, so this flag is not always looked on with favor. I put the black one up during the Harris annual photo shoot but it didn't make it into the catalog.

Doesn't hurt to ask !! Now I'm curious what mood relates to each color! Back to flag poles. Is a 20' too short?

I need to check which one I have but it's too long. 20' sounds about right to me. The flag on mine is heavy duty 4x6' so it flexes on the dock mount a lot when fully raised and the wind is cranking.

Can you actually snap a photo of how it is mounted to the dock when you get a chance. Curious to see how it looks from the side with the wood. Thanks Tom. Feel free to text me the pic if that is easier.

Can you actually snap a photo of how it is mounted to the dock when you get a chance. Curious to see how it looks from the side with the wood. Thanks Tom. Feel free to text me the pic if that is easier.
PM me your number, can't find it right now.

I'm not speed dial #1?!! PM sent

Good thing you bought that golf cart Pittsburgh, looks like a trek from the house to the water  :rolleyes:

Clips or zip ties.

I have clips on mine, had to add a ring of white electrical tape under the clips to keep them from sliding

I'm resurrecting this to ask if anyone has used a flag pole and mount from www.originalswiveler.com ? I want to mount a pair of flags, a US flag and a Retired US Army flag. I have the permanent SS ski tow bar which is 1.5 inches in diameter, and that severely limits the possibilities. They have a solid stainless mast, anti-rattle clips, and a cast anodized mount for the 1.5 in diameter ski bar. Pricey, but definitely a compliment to the boat. Anyone?

I'm resurrecting this to ask if anyone has used a flag pole and mount from www.originalswiveler.com ? I want to mount a pair of flags, a US flag and a Retired US Army flag. I have the permanent SS ski tow bar which is 1.5 inches in diameter, and that severely limits the possibilities. They have a solid stainless mast, anti-rattle clips, and a cast anodized mount for the 1.5 in diameter ski bar. Pricey, but definitely a compliment to the boat. Anyone?

Their stuff looks nice and comes with a great warranty.  Given the place that you're looking to mount the flags (with 1.5" mounts) I don't think that you have too many options so I would go for it.

If you end up using these snap a photo so we can see how they look. B)

I have clips on mine, had to add a ring of white electrical tape under the clips to keep them from sliding
So I bought the clips and used the white tape to keep them from sliding and mounted the flag on the anchor light.  Looks very nice at the top of the boat.  I did run into a problem with it and the adjustable joint on the light.  Yesterday when I arrived at the marina I notices the flag/light where hanging down, must have had some strong winds last week.  Upon closer inspection I found a few of the metal teeth that lock the anchor light into position on the aft deck.  Now basically the light is no longer suitable for a flag mount because it won't stay in a vertical position with the flag attached so I'm back to square one.  :rolleyes:  

I'm contemplating using a fiberglass FM antenna for the flag mount with the added bonus of getting decent FM reception.  B)

I had a problem with the teeth on my anchor light. Unfortunately found out you can't replace the teeth part, have to buy the whole light pole, think it was $80

I can get it tight enough to keep it vertical as an anchor light but it won't handle the strain of the flag blowing in the wind.  Back to square one.  :D

God Bless America...........displaying our flag is a great privilege......don't take it lightly, now more than ever.

Back