Flags

Link

Reaction score
Just noticed on Van ordered the flag on his new boat. Was thinking about showing my pride myself. Was going to order one with the boat but have seen some bimini placement flags and thought they looked pretty good. Also noticed different heights of the flag poles.

For those that have flags what do you think

Link - I have the American Flag that came with my Bennington - together with the pole and the holder for the rear deck placement. All of it is very sturdy and of the best quality; much better than other flags I have purchased in the past for my home. Don't know anything about flags that attach to biminis, etc. but most flag kits I have seen at places like BassPro, Cabelas, Home Depot, etc all appear less durable (lighter fabric and lower quality metal poles/holders). Have yet to find a flag kit that comes with a storage device for when not in use. I use a bag that folding lawn chairs come in when cased and to keep it clean when stored under the sundeck.

Link - I have the American Flag that came with my Bennington - together with the pole and the holder for the rear deck placement. All of it is very sturdy and of the best quality; much better than other flags I have purchased in the past for my home. Don't know anything about flags that attach to biminis, etc. but most flag kits I have seen at places like BassPro, Cabelas, Home Depot, etc all appear less durable (lighter fabric and lower quality metal poles/holders). Have yet to find a flag kit that comes with a storage device for when not in use. I use a bag that folding lawn chairs come in when cased and to keep it clean when stored under the sundeck.
Thanks Friar, by chance you have a picture of the flag on the boat you could post? Are there options where to mount the flag pole?

Friar, you sold me on the quality. Ordered the flag from Bennington.

Still curious though, are there different options as to where to place the flag pole?

Link - Sorry, do not have a decent picture of the flag on my boat (scanned thru about 500 lol!). My Bennington came with the mount attached to the rear deck on the starboard side such that the flag itself was hanging just above the ladder, plus it was close to the rear gate. I moved the mount to the port side of the rear deck adjacent to the fencing and a cleat on the port side.

Link - Sorry, do not have a decent picture of the flag on my boat (scanned thru about 500 lol!). My Bennington came with the mount attached to the rear deck on the starboard side such that the flag itself was hanging just above the ladder, plus it was close to the rear gate. I moved the mount to the port side of the rear deck adjacent to the fencing and a cleat on the port side.
I just ordered the factory installed flag on my new 2575 and just noticed Bennington installs it right in the way of the boarding ladder on the starboard side. Saw this on a Jerry Whittle 2575 RCW inventory picture from Texas. Will call my dealer in the a.m. and see if Bennington is flexible on moving it to port. Seems Bennington didn't put much thought in that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee Gerry, flags are dealer or owner installed! We can't install them due to shipping damage. They can be placed anywhere on the deck. We would recommend the port stern deck...that's where we install 'em for photo shoots, etc. :eek: TB

Last edited:
Sorry. Thought the mount was factory installed. My previous 2 Benningtons flags were mounted starboard. All worried for nothing. Just didn't want extra holes in the teak deck. Appreciate "noticing" my complaint. (concern) Thanks Gerry

I have a one month old Bennington and am having a great time transitioning from the way I had my searay set up to adapting to the way I want things on my pontoon boat. Flags have been one on those things. I am a very proud American and love to display old glory . on my bimini I fly a 12x18 American Flad. On the stern I have a 48" taylor made stainless steel flagpole with a 22x36 American Flag and a 12X18 Italian flag on the same pole, looks great . The pole itseff was a bit pricey , $139 but worth every penny. The stainless is top quality and the ss clips to hold the flag is well designed , hold the flag taught and super quick to take the flags down.

i'll post foto's as soon as I get a chance

my next challenge is where to put my poles when I go out fishing

See bcpnick's rod holder pictures.

Where's Derrick when you need him....

I fly my flag from the existing stern light pole on the Bimini. It looks great.

I have the Bennington supplied flag setup and love the quality but wouldn't mind one on the bimini light as long as it wouldn't damage the stern light.  JSM, what size flag can you place there?  Is the flapping sound annoying?  Can you post a pix

Gotta pay to play :)

I also installed a blue LED on each side. Did a cut out in those fake vents on the back wall. At night, the flags look cool with the blue light on em.

Make sure you get the correct size.

Where has Link been?

Back