flashing icon on LCD hour-meter

limo1988

Reaction score
Hi, just joined and bought a 2006 2275RL.  It is a Tri-Toon with Strakes and 150 HP Yamaha.  I am still figuring out everything on the boat.  My tachometer has a LCD hour-meter on it.  When the engine is running, an icon shaped like an hourglass? or a square figure eight? flashes at me.  What is it trying to tell me?  HELP!

Just my two cents but when it's flashing it counting time.  I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time! :)  

Welcome to the party. We have the exact boat and the flashing hourglass is like the second hand on a clock. It's telling you it's working.

Welcome and yup, as stated, normal timer function. Post up some pics of you Benni !!

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on the pontoon.  Very exciting!  I hope you have a great summer ahead on it.

From the Faria website..

Engine Running Only hourmeters by Faria Beede have an icon in the left hand corner of the display. The icon lets the operator know that hours are being displayed. During normal operations the icon displays solid when the key is on and the engine has not yet been started. Turning the engine on activates the counting function. The icon will begin to blink indicating that the hourmeter is currently counting hours for the connected engine. This is normal.

Hi...The hour meter records and digitally displays the hours that the tractor has been operated.The hour meter is activated whenever the ignition switch is turned to an ‘On’ position. Keep a record of the actual hours of operation to assure all maintenance procedures are completed according to the instructions in this manual.

https://percentagescalculator.com/

Last edited:
Agree with others, it’s just an indicator that the hour meter is running. Good for you that you are paying attention to the details. Have fun with your new pontoon.

Back