Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

flashing icon on LCD hour-meter

Discussion in 'Technical Stuff' started by limo1988, Apr 30, 2017.

1. limo1988

limo1988 Member

Hi, just joined and bought a 2006 2275RL.  It is a Tri-Toon with Strakes and 150 HP Yamaha.  I am still figuring out everything on the boat.  My tachometer has a LCD hour-meter on it.  When the engine is running, an icon shaped like an hourglass? or a square figure eight? flashes at me.  What is it trying to tell me?  HELP!

Stuart DeSpain and Vikingstaff like this.
  2. adkboater

adkboater Well-Known Member

Just my two cents but when it's flashing it counting time.  I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time! :)  

1Blderbob likes this.
  3. cwag911

cwag911 Moderator

Welcome to the party. We have the exact boat and the flashing hourglass is like the second hand on a clock. It's telling you it's working.

Michiman and Vikingstaff like this.
  4. SEMPERFI8387

SEMPERFI8387 Moderator

Welcome and yup, as stated, normal timer function. Post up some pics of you Benni !!

Michiman likes this.
  5. Rockie69

Rockie69 Well-Known Member

It's telling you you need to spend more time on your Bennington. Pay close attention to it!!!

Marc R, Michiman, kaydano and 3 others like this.
  6. Vikingstaff

Vikingstaff Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on the pontoon.  Very exciting!  I hope you have a great summer ahead on it.

7. MikeB

MikeB Well-Known Member

From the Faria website..

Engine Running Only hourmeters by Faria Beede have an icon in the left hand corner of the display. The icon lets the operator know that hours are being displayed. During normal operations the icon displays solid when the key is on and the engine has not yet been started. Turning the engine on activates the counting function. The icon will begin to blink indicating that the hourmeter is currently counting hours for the connected engine. This is normal.

Stuart DeSpain and Spoiledrotten like this.
  8. DunnPenny

DunnPenny New Member

Hi...The hour meter records and digitally displays the hours that the tractor has been operated.The hour meter is activated whenever the ignition switch is turned to an ‘On’ position. Keep a record of the actual hours of operation to assure all maintenance procedures are completed according to the instructions in this manual.

https://percentagescalculator.com/

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  9. Viking1

Viking1 Member

Agree with others, it’s just an indicator that the hour meter is running. Good for you that you are paying attention to the details. Have fun with your new pontoon.