Flat ride on water VS. nose up tritoon ride

I prefer the slightly bow proud look of the boats with larger motors. But if it really bothers you there is another method of adjusting boat trim that has been widely discussed here in the forums...

;)

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/threads/new-boat-does-not-sit-level.9045/#post-119119

I read through that and had a good chuckle at all the comments. I don't have THAT much of an issue with this. Just wanted to learn why some are more level (especially at very low speeds). I understand weight in the back will make it sit like that and when on plane it would bow up. Most of the boats I have been on are fishing boats so when stopped they are level and once you get on plane the front end comes up out of the water. Didn't know if ESP or the increased buoyancy would make any difference. I'll leave my sand on the beach thank you very much... ;)

I read through that and had a good chuckle at all the comments. ;)

I'm glad you took it as it was meant. You enjoy that new boat of yours!! :cool:

I've never been on an SPS so I can't say how it compares to our ESP, but I have to say that I really like how our boat handles in rough water and in tight turns. Extra capacity, a larger fuel tank and the ability to handle higher HP are nice accompaniments as well.

2250 gsr here with esp and Yamaha 250. Boat doesn’t ride perfectly level but I’ve never even considered a potential for reduced visibility due to bow rise. No one has ever mentioned anything about it either. Boat rides flat and having driven both sps (200hp) and esp (250) I think the esp with the larger motors is absolutely worth the money. I can throw someone into the floor while cornering if I so chose. We are also on a lake that can get rough and I’ve never felt unsafe at all. Extra buoyancy is never a bad thing

2250 gsr here with esp and Yamaha 250. Boat doesn’t ride perfectly level but I’ve never even considered a potential for reduced visibility due to bow rise. No one has ever mentioned anything about it either. Boat rides flat and having driven both sps (200hp) and esp (250) I think the esp with the larger motors is absolutely worth the money. I can throw someone into the floor while cornering if I so chose. We are also on a lake that can get rough and I’ve never felt unsafe at all. Extra buoyancy is never a bad thing
Thank you for your thoughts. I'm a firm believer of buy your last boat first (as much as I can reasonably afford) and always felt the ESP and a good sized boat and motor would be the way to go. The wife doesn't like more than about 30 but she won't always be cruising with me :cool: If I can go fast and carve a tight turn even better. It's not always about how fast you can go but how fast you can get back in to shore when you need to... The lake where we moved from always had waves (220,000 acre size lake) and wind in the midwest but it was a fishing lake (top ten in the country for walleye I hear) so a good boat that can handle the waves will be nice when we go back to visit. Otherwise, this is probably more boat than is necessary for our current lake but will be fun to travel MN with and check out other lakes (we've got 10,000 of 'em you know). :)

Back