Floor Cleaning

Dave Tampa

Reaction score
I have a 22SSBXP, with woven bamboo floor....just wondering if bleach is really that bad to use...especially under pop up enclosure area, water and dampness has really stained that area...ok, my fault for not checking regularly, I get it, but 303 ain't cutting it. Thoughts?

+1 on the Awesome cleaner. But if that doesn't work you night have to try some kind of bleach/water solution. Put one ounce of bleach in a spray bottle with fresh water. Mix it up and first test it in a hidden area. (Under the helm or storage area) I've used this method on upholstery and carpet as well as canvas for years. I've never used it on seagrass so test an area first....

Update to share...I did go with straight bleach on the flooring under the pop-up, worked like a charm! I'm sure some might reply that this is not good long-term, and I appreciate that. I will say that more regular cleaning and maintenance should negate the need for future drastic measures, but it looks spectacular...and yes, I went ahead and did areas not under the popup, and I used it on the upholstery too...like magic!

Excellent! Glad it worked out. Walmart sells a bathroom cleaner with bleach. You can't beat a bottle for 98 cents. I use it all the time. On the boat and at home. Check it out.

Update to share...I did go with straight bleach on the flooring under the pop-up, worked like a charm! I'm sure some might reply that this is not good long-term, and I appreciate that. I will say that more regular cleaning and maintenance should negate the need for future drastic measures, but it looks spectacular...and yes, I went ahead and did areas not under the popup, and I used it on the upholstery too...like magic!
Dilute it next time. Doesn't take much. It might be a bit safer....

Be careful using straight bleach on upholstery. If I remember correctly, that can break down the threads. You may void your upholstery warranty doing this.

Back