Flooring choices

DejaWiz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm a couple/few years out from saving up a down payment that'll get me in the financing range I want to be for the boat that I really want (22SSRXP or 22GSR with an F200XB), and I'm torn on which flooring to go with: standard silver woven, seagrass silver, bamboo silver, or teak slate.

I'm leaning towards teak slate, but I'm concerned that it won't jive to well with the color theme that I'm wanting: silver exterior with Monaco blue accent panel, silver Simtex with Monaco blue interior accent.

I've scoured the internet for pictures of the teak slate flooring, but the contrast and coloring are all over the place: some pictures look silver/gray, others look beige, and some others look tannish-brown.
Would anyone mind posting pictures of their own boats showing the differing silver flooring with silver, graphite, or white primary seating?

Thank you!

I have a 2015 22SSRX with Faux Teak and the flooring is lifting - I do not believe they have that choice anymore. I recommend researching your selections.

A Bennington Dealer should have samples of flooring .

I am having my flooring replaced, does anyone know or recommend what flooring would be the best choice that will not discolor or lift?

Not the best picture, but this is our boat with Monaco Blue panels, Graphite Simtex with Metallic Carbon Accents and Bamboo Silver flooring.

Attachments

• IMG_0807.jpg
    IMG_0807.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 70
A Bennington Dealer should have samples of flooring .

Yes, but I like to see the whole setup with the way the flooring looks with the seat bases, seat vinyl, console, and rails/gates as I'd see it every time I'm on the boat. :)

I have a 2015 22SSRX with Faux Teak and the flooring is lifting - I do not believe they have that choice anymore. I recommend researching your selections.

Is your faux teak woven or solid textured?

In the book that came with it it's called "Faux Teak (Ivory Accent)" - I believe its vinyl.

Yes, but I like to see the whole setup with the way the flooring looks with the seat bases, seat vinyl, console, and rails/gates as I'd see it every time I'm on the boat. :)
Call the dealers in your area ,check what they have in stock

Call the dealers in your area ,check what they have in stock

Keeping an eye on the stock of the one dealer in my locale every week.

The only stock boats they've had were SV and S with silver Simtex seats and the base silver woven flooring (which I do like very much over the horrid Marideck of past model years), an SSBXP blackout with graphite Simtex and silver bamboo, and a bunch of Platinum/tan with the beige flooring.

They said that they have been waiting MONTHS to get new stock in due to the plant shutdowns. Terrible situation for them.

Just as a heads up what you pick out now might not be available when you ultimately order down the road. I’ve been happy with my nutmeg aqua teak but they don’t offer it anymore.

........so happy they no longer put fuzzy carpet in Bennys....just feels clammy on your bare feet especially when wet. And always catching lint and fuzz. Just upgraded to 2017 22 SSRCX with seagrass floor and love it. Most of the time I can just use electric leaf blower to get loose dust and crumbs/tree debris blown away to prepare interior for next use. This is a trailered boat kept at home under RV shelter so it's handy to do. Only use electric blowers (corded or battery) as gas blowers spit 2 cycle oil with its exhaust stream and leave oil debris behind that will attract dirt. :rolleyes: :cool:

Last edited:
^ ^ ^ ^ one of the biggest reasons we upgraded ... no more carpet!!!

Carpet is a PITA! It’s my 2nd biggest reason for wanting to upgrade (more horsepower #1). Our boat is 2/3 carpet with the back 1/3 being a hard flooring so I’ve got both and much prefer the non-carpeted portion.

Last edited:
I need to pick out a new floor for our boat. Due to some subfloor issues our nutmeg teak has to go and it’s no longer an option. I like to fish and need something that won’t snag if a hook falls down or get gross from scales,sand etc. I’m curious to hear how the vinyl teak vs the other floors hold up. Hopefully we find something that compliments our furniture nicely.
1629851371359.jpeg
1629851536900.jpeg

We went with the Seagrass this time . We had planned on Bamboo but changed our mind .
My brother in law brought his Bennington up here about a week ago ,he has the seagrass and it felt like there was more cushion .
Plus that's what my wife wanted after she saw it . :cool:

Andy I love the seagrass, but I’m not an avid fisher, but when I do fish I have a concern and have already slightly hooked my seagrass. I think I’d stick with the bamboo or regular vinyl vs the seagrass if you have a tendency to drop lures on the deck.
I’d also be concerned about fish blood. Don’t get me wrong, it washes out, but it’s a lot more area to accumulate down in the weave. We had a bloody mess on ours one sat and it took me awhile to get it cleaned off (out).
If anything make sure you have a wash down handy to get it rinsed out quickly.

Thanks Dave. We’re going to look at the samples at the dealer soon but I appreciate the real world experience like this. I really wish ours was still an option due to how good it looks and it’s durability.

Thanks Dave. We’re going to look at the samples at the dealer soon but I appreciate the real world experience like this. I really wish ours was still an option due to how good it looks and it’s durability.
That nutmeg teak is a nice looking floor! Hopefully they'll have something similar to choose. We've only had carpet in previous boats but our current one has seagrass. Easy to keep clean and it does have a slight spongy cushiony feel like Jack said. Love it!

Back