For all old and not so old tooners( UPDATE)

cwag911

Reaction score
I've had a pain in my left leg for a few days and since it got REAL painful, I went to the VA to get it checked out. After a sonagram of the vein in the left leg, it turns out I have a bloodclot. They started me with Coumadin injections to my stomach (10 in 5 days that I have to do) and tablets 1/day. The pain felt like the day after a bad charlie horse but the pain didn't go away and got worse. Tylenol had no effect. Listen to your body (and your wife). It'll be all good in a while.

I've had a pain in my left leg for a few days and since it got REAL painful, I went to the VA to get it checked out. After a sonagram of the vein in the left leg, it turns out I have a bloodclot. They started me with Coumadin injections to my stomach (10 in 5 days that I have to do) and tablets 1/day. The pain felt like the day after a bad charlie horse but the pain didn't go away and got worse. Tylenol had no effect. Listen to your body (and your wife). It'll be all good in a while.
Hoping for the best for you Carl. Good luck. Gerry

Good luck Carl and good advice (listen to body and wife!). As I get older, seems there is alway a new ache and/or pain.

Carl, I hope that you get feeling better real soon! Prayers and thoughts coming your way!

Hope you get well soon Carl. ALWAYS listen to the wife !!!!

Smitty

Damn, get well Carl.

Take care Carl. That certainly doesn't sound like a picnic. Best wishes for a quick recovery, Tom

Taking rat poison willingly is never a good sign. Didn't you know beer is a blood thinner?

I'm thinning my blood as I type!

Take care Carl! Oh and your right about the listen to the wife! I remember years ago I had my knee scoped and after it was done, I was at home and started having an intense pain in my calf muscle, just kept hurting more and more. So the wife gets home from work and by this time my leg is killing me! She starts getting worried and asks where the instructions the Dr gave me when they released me, I told her they were still in my jacket (even though she told me to read them) well turns out the number one thing on the list is if you start having leg pain and it feels really warm to the touch, call the doctor immediately. Hehe oops! So Dr tells us to come down, and although he didn't 'think' it was a bloodclot, he got me on some aspirin and had to check back the next day to make sure. Luckily I was okay, so the moral is listen to your wife, and I suppose the Dr too.

Take care Carl! Oh and your right about the listen to the wife! I remember years ago I had my knee scoped and after it was done, I was at home and started having an intense pain in my calf muscle, just kept hurting more and more. So the wife gets home from work and by this time my leg is killing me! She starts getting worried and asks where the instructions the Dr gave me when they released me, I told her they were still in my jacket (even though she told me to read them) well turns out the number one thing on the list is if you start having leg pain and it feels really warm to the touch, call the doctor immediately. Hehe oops! So Dr tells us to come down, and although he didn't 'think' it was a bloodclot, he got me on some aspirin and had to check back the next day to make sure. Luckily I was okay, so the moral is listen to your wife, and I suppose the Dr too.
Hey pal, did Doc give the wife anything for "her Pain" ? :rolleyes: Gerry

Good thoughts and prayers from us to you Carl.

Get well soon.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. We're going away on the 28th (another cruise) and the doctor got aggressive with thr treatment so thr bloodthinner could be stabilized before we left. It's amazing how much stuff you can't eat.Vitamin K is in all green veggies and pie crust among other things ,so Suzi is now the "Food Nazi" .

Wish you well Carl. BTW they say living up North in the cold is supposed to be a cure for blood clots

Still laughing about Suzie making you get out of the car to get gas on the way back from the hospital! She's tough!

Wish you well Carl. BTW they say living up North in the cold is supposed to be a cure for blood clots
Sorry, but I ain't movin. B)

Still laughing about Suzie making you get out of the car to get gas on the way back from the hospital! She's tough!
That's why we have the "Jersey Girls don't pump gas" sign on the front porch. :D

Get well soon and Good Luck

Back