For those of you with rear facing lounger models

We have the stickers at the front loungers and rear fishing seats. Capacity is 12 people but according to stickers I have seating for 6 people while underway. CYA is getting ridiculous. 

We have the stickers at the front loungers and rear fishing seats. Capacity is 12 people but according to stickers I have seating for 6 people while underway. CYA is getting ridiculous. 

Hey Bruce.........I can see the rear fishing seats but what other seats do you have the stickers for that you're not supposed to sit in white underway?

Hey Bruce.........I can see the rear fishing seats but what other seats do you have the stickers for that you're not supposed to sit in white underway?

The 22' has 2 recliners as the front fishing seats and the sticker is on the panel by the front gate

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Glenn,

Sorry the new boat hasn't met your expectations.  We have the cheaper SCWX with the rear recliner option.  At first I wasn't sure about it, but it grew enough on me that I bought the boat.  Now, everyone walks on, looks around and says wow, and then takes a seat in the passenger side rear recliner.  (The driver side is ALWAYS occupied by my wife.)  I had usb ports installed by both recliners and a head unit remote for the wife on her side.  The recliners are the biggest "hit" on the boat...at least until the sun goes down.  Then everyone is drawn over by the speaker, interior, side, and underwater lighting.  We (I) really wanted the rear seating like on a SSRX, but hindsight being 20-20, I got really lucky that model sold before I picked ours.  The recliners are great for fishing, riding, sitting, socializing, and other things not to be mentioned on such a family friendly forum...

I had to take the the boat in one more time for them to finish up all the work being done.  I did have to change one thing, the underwater lights on Mountain Island Lake, NC were not as bright as I expected.  The water is fairly clear, but I wanted more light dispersion, so I'm going from four 209 lumen lights to two 209 lumen and two 2900 lumen lights.  That should work out nicely.  The reason I mention this is that I would definitely have that added on aftermarket (Freeman's Cornelius - ask for Travis, tell him Alan sent you!) once you get your boat.  It is awesome to sit in the recliners and see the fish swim up.  On Lake Norman, I imagine the water is even clearer and what a fun thing for you to do  (I believe I recall you living adjacent to the lake.)  You could sit on the boat recliners at night, have a nice cocktail or snack, turn on the underwater lights, and gaze at the stars and underwater creatures swimming around.  

Anyways, sorry for the rambling, go for the recliners.  I HIGHLY doubt you will regret that purchase!   :D  

My wife sits in the front fishing seat on the port side all the time while underway and to me it is not dangerous at all, with our top speed of 18mph.  Now on the Hurricane Deck Boat I owned, no one ever sat in the front fishing seats while underway, as they were outside the panels.

Have the double lounger with the changing room underneath the lower section. It is almost always occupied by someone. It was actually what drew us to the boat. If I ever replace or upgrade I will have the lounge or loungers.

Wow, I had absolutely no idea about this. What are you supposed to do throw the other 6 in the water when you leave?

I did not want the rear loungers on my GCW, but for the price, I couldn't say no. There are things about them that I wish were implemented differently, but I can say that about a lot of things. But they have grown on us and I don't think we would be without them now. We frequently sit on the boat with others spread from front to back and it still feels like we're together. And when the music is loud or you're moving fast, it's nice to have a TOTALLY different view and a break from everything else that's going on. 

If we have young nieces or nephews on the boat that aren't super keen on the wind while zipping across the lake, my wife or their parents will go sit back there because it does a great job of blocking wind. 

Plus if I want a little massage I crank some almost non audible bass tracks and the subs vibrate the loungers like a high end massage chair! Haha

Our rear facing loungers are the most popular seat on my boat!  

Jack

I had to give up a GCW w/ESP and a 250 for our 24sslx. My wife loves the large lounger out back, couldn't get Bennington to put that floor plan on an ESP bottom, all I can tell you is that the boat has never left the dock that somebody is not back there! Already made a deal for and RSB and 50mph on the next round unless they come out with something better in the meanwhile! PADS were coming on strong this spring! :)

I had to give up a GCW w/ESP and a 250 for our 24sslx. My wife loves the large lounger out back, couldn't get Bennington to put that floor plan on an ESP bottom, all I can tell you is that the boat has never left the dock that somebody is not back there! Already made a deal for and RSB and 50mph on the next round unless they come out with something better in the meanwhile! PADS were coming on strong this spring! :)

3 in 3 years, you're on the full Derrick plan!

Back