for those who have the fishing models

iToon

Reaction score
on the front wells, one of mine is a live-well and the other is for a second battery, I really haven't done anything with it yet besides buy a battery. today I was cleaning and opened the lid to find the thing had 3 inches of standing water in it, there's no drain like in the live-well and it worries me. took me several towels to soak it all up and dry it out. I don't want to simply drill a hole without consulting Bennington on here. can you guys point me in the right direction as what to do here? it has an electrical receptacle for the trolling motor on the side but its water solid for sure and I cant find any other outlet for any water to get out once it gets inside.

on the front wells, one of mine is a live-well and the other is for a second battery, I really haven't done anything with it yet besides buy a battery. today I was cleaning and opened the lid to find the thing had 3 inches of standing water in it, there's no drain like in the live-well and it worries me. took me several towels to soak it all up and dry it out. I don't want to simply drill a hole without consulting Bennington on here. can you guys point me in the right direction as what to do here? it has an electrical receptacle for the trolling motor on the side but its water solid for sure and I cant find any other outlet for any water to get out once it gets inside.

I went out to look at the battery box area you were talking about and there are direct openings into both the live well and the battery box compartment that are to be used as fishing pole holders, I assume. We received no kind of plug covers to be able to close these holes when they are not being used to hold a fishing pole. Wash or rain water could enter that battery compartment and YOU ARE RIGHT...THERE IS NO hole like in the live wells. I am going to call the dealership tomorrow. We just picked up our new 2011 22FSI on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for calling this to our attention. TB will speak with engineers and reply with a fix!

Has there been any development on this issue yet? I still am collecting water in my battery box and having to hand clean it out.

Hi guys,

Thanks for helping us here. A batch of corner boxes were installed without the appropriate drain holes. For do-it-yourselvers, unscrew/unbolt the corner box from the floor. Drill a 1/4" hole through the aft outboard corner of the box (toward the rail so it does not show from the outside), then re-install. OR, your dealer can do this for you under warranty. Thanks again! TB

p.s. be sure you don't want to convert the box to a livewell someday!

Back