For Yamaha F150 owners

cwag911

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, I ordered a 2015 150 Yamaha seems like it should have corrected hardware in it.

I have vibration when I'm idling through a no wake since i installed a new SS prop. Anyone have any ides? Dealer says Yamaha says its normall. Its bad.

I'd take the dealer for a ride and have them witness it.

Its going to the dealer for sure,

It would be the SS prop if another prop doesn't vibrate...

The aluminum prop vibrated a little, but this one magnify,s a problem somewhere it seems.

Can you pull the prop easily and have the balance checked?

Yes I'm going to a different prop , But I really feel the problem is in the lower unit. I can feel play that my 115 did not have (side to side)

cwag911 i apologize i feel i hijacked your thread.

"A boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money. "

"The two happiest days in a boat owner's life are the day he buys a boat, and the day he sells a boat."

"The cheapest part of owning a boat is the day you purchase it... then it starts to get expensive."

money_black_hole_xlarge.jpeg

We have all heard these sayings for a lifetime, but we are driven to the water by our love for it and the boats that carry us.

I hope we will continue to love our Boats and always have enough Money to enjoy them!! (lol)

Burgh_thing.jpg

I love my boat and the Water :D

From all I have read on this subject it only pertains to engines prior to 2007 MY and if they do start to go bad they have a very definite and loud Whirring noise, I have watched many videos on the tube that show this and it is definitely noticeable, either way it is a simple fix and from what I have read many times is not detrimental if it does go bad if one fixes it within a reasonable time frame.

"A boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money. "

"The two happiest days in a boat owner's life are the day he buys a boat, and the day he sells a boat."

"The cheapest part of owning a boat is the day you purchase it... then it starts to get expensive."

money_black_hole_xlarge.jpeg

We have all heard these sayings for a lifetime, but we are driven to the water by our love for it and the boats that carry us.

I hope we will continue to love our Boats and always have enough Money to enjoy them!! (lol)

Burgh_thing.jpg
I don't get any of those sayings.

People that say those things need to come to this forum to get straightened out.

Boat = Break Out Another Thousand :D   :D

Or my personal fav.  Owninig a boat is like standing in a cold shower and tearing up $100 dollar bills..... :p   :p

This thread has officially derailed.....................................

Back to our regularly scheduled topic.

Yamaha F150 balancers :D

Back