Found Mark L. Stealing Mark L's Benny

I didn't recognize him with a shirt on! That is one sweet ride!!! How was it?

It's one thing to get PADS on your own but to have the dealer infect you is a different story.  :p

Bob beat me to it.  WOW, what a boat!  I now think I like the IO option more than an outboard, Just gives it a sleek look.  The Bow Gate seat in the front really finishes the look, especially with the diamond stitching.  Can't remember exactly what it is called but the thru hull exhaust is fantastic.  May not be loud enough for some but for me the sound was perfect, throaty and powerful and not irritating booming like some of the muscle boats on our lake.

Had the console customized, perhaps Bob could upload a picture of it and explain what they did

Last edited by a moderator:
PS - Thanks for the ride Bob and enjoyed the company as much as the boat.  And of course thanks to Mark649

Mark anytime my friend . You are certainly welcome.  Bob P can come also anytime. I want to thank Snug Harbor Marina in Ticonderoga, NY for making my buying experience one of the smoothest ever. Bob, Pam , their children, Pete, Paul, Rich, the whole Snug Harbor crew have been awesome and gone way beyond.

PS I am watching the video of you guys on the boat yesterday. I thought I asked you to keep the speed under 65, Didn't you see my video camera from under the cockpit lol

Glad you all had fun

This is the Mercruiser Vessel View 7 That we installed in Mark's Boat. It features a 6.4 inch touch screen, the unit displays more than 30 engine parameters, including fuel level and range, oil temp and pressure, battery voltage, water depth and much more. The ECO mode tells the operator what trim and RPM will give the best fuel economy. With 430hp is a cool idea!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think bumping up to a 150 will satisfy Link anymore!

Lakeliving, I am still a  8 -15mph kind of guy, don't need that kind of HP

Yea but it sounds really good at 8-15 mph!!!!!!!
And it looks like it's going 40 MPH faster than it is. Best of both worlds! You get to go slow, but you look like you're going fast.

So you're liking that I/O Link?!?

Yes Big Kahuna, if I ever do upgrade I would think an inboard is what I would go with.  I don't need Mark649 power house but I just think the look is so much sleeker.  I would think those that like the rear facing loungers would opt for an inboard much more often

Mercruiser has THIS new 250hp V-6 which is purpose built for marine (finally). It looks like it might be an good economical option for pontoons as well.

Tom, Thanks.  I looked at the GPH on that Mercury and it is actually slightly better than the Yamaha performance bulletin for a 250HP [same as that Mercury] on a 2375G GCW

Yes Big Kahuna, if I ever do upgrade I would think an inboard is what I would go with.  I don't need Mark649 power house but I just think the look is so much sleeker.  I would think those that like the rear facing loungers would opt for an inboard much more often
To be honest with you Mark......although we love our 4.3L 220hp I/O (We've had 2 of them) if we ever got another boat we would be open to getting an outboard. Guys on this forum always talk about weight to power ratio and how much easier it is to work on and being able to use it longer in the fall. Just curious.......never had one.

I need to know where you got the mounting bracket to put the vessel view in the dash. I would love to put one of those on mine.

Back