freight and dealer prep and rigging

MRJ

Reaction score
my Dealer has a 3k line item in our quote for “freight and dealer prep and rigging” He said his work would be mounting the engine, hydraulic steering, testing...etc.
Does that seem like a reasonable number?
Shipping to northern Wisconsin.

I paid $2500 back in ‘14 when I bought our boat, they have to rig the motor plus bolt on the ski tow, I think mount the Bimini. Best of luck on your purchase!

I placed an order for a 25 QCWA in August. Dealer freight, prep, battery and rigging was $2700.

I had a young customer once who wanted me to match a competitor's deal. They had the infamous "buy 3, get 1 Free." "their" total price out the door was $500. Mine, charging for 4, was $485. The customer kept insisting that I was not offering him a free tire and he wanted me to only charge him for 3. (he was even getting mad) what I'm trying to say is that it really doesn't matter what the individual numbers are in the deal. It only matters what you are writing that big check in the end for. If you are happy, Done Deal. They are going to get what they need in order for it to be viable on their end. There have been a lot of posts about discounts off of retail to have an idea of a decent deal. What I will guarantee you though; somebody will Always say that they got a better deal. I was once in a bidding war with a guy from the bank for a 6-pack of Dublin Dr. Pepper. For non-Texan's, these were made with real cane sugar. I let him have them for $450. He gave me one that sits on my shelf as a reminder. When you spend on something (this was an FFA auction for the kids), give what YOU WANT TO GIVE! It doesn't matter what other people think.

I'm curious, what % off the list price (on-line boat builder) are you being quoted for the boat?

Interesting. I'm old school and negotiated pretty hard and only got about 21% off, but I paid no freight, prep, paperwork or delivery fees. I didn't buy a trailer and they even delivered the boat about 150 miles to me. The local dealer was about 6k higher in price and wouldn't budge on their price. Every dealer does their pricing different, sometimes it pays to shop around.

Back