From the state of North Carolina......Beware!

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Screenshot_20200402-023606.png

They shut our 33,000 acre reservoir down completely! Hopefully they will see it was a stupid order, and amend it. There was a bunch of idiots using the river beaches like it was 4th of July, so they cut out use of the water for all. Lots of pissed people right now.

That’s going to be the problem - people just ignoring the situation and congregating in groups. Some parks in Michigan that were originally open, are now closed due to people congregating in groups. As it warms up here, I can see this happening on bodies of water IF people don’t try to apply our Stay at Home order to their boating routine, in line with Daril’s S.C. item above.

To minimize enforcement contact during C19, I can really see this happening if people are not prudent.

Jordan Lake in NC closed all public ramps and trails. Unfortunately until someone they know dies people won't take it seriously. We have all seen videos/pics of drs/nurses begging people to stay home but I read all the time about packed Lowes/Home Depots and the whole family going to the grocery store (mom,dad, kids). If there were soldiers begging people to stay home there would be no problem.... Support the Troops!! But idiots don't see dr/nurses as soldiers on the front line. add: my neighbor just pulled into his driveway with bags of mulch from Lowes. I know that's essential and can't wait...so sad. A lot of these same people will be bitching the government didn't do enough when one of their loved one dies. (add: that same Lowes reported an employee positive case last week...would you go there?)

Last edited:
They shut down the lake i boat and i will lead the revolt. No reason for that at all. This country has lost its collective mind.

Tennessee has put up similar signs on its lakes. There are stories of TWRA Officers not being willing to issue citations for violations because it requires them to be closer than 6 ft. to the offending party.

1586099538564.png

Last edited:
That’s going to be the problem - people just ignoring the situation and congregating in groups. Some parks in Michigan that were originally open, are now closed due to people congregating in groups. As it warms up here, I can see this happening on bodies of water IF people don’t try to apply our Stay at Home order to their boating routine, in line with Daril’s S.C. item above.

To minimize enforcement contact during C19, I can really see this happening if people are not prudent.
Yep. On our lake, even though there are very significant numbers of boats/people using the lake, given the lake size social distancing wouldn‘t be an issue if people used their heads. Instead we are seeing significant numbers of people congregating and a big public outcry to close the lake. However the main impetus to close the lake is to keep a significant percentage of people from out of state (mainly CA) from waiting things out here since the current infection rate is higher where they’re coming from and treating their time here as a vacation as opposed to a quarantine situation.

They shut down the lake i boat and i will lead the revolt. No reason for that at all. This country has lost its collective mind.

Odd thing is that they didn’t close golf courses. Law makers obviously play more golf than boating with family.

Now, there’s a state wide burn ban. So, if you wanted to spend time roasting marshmallows and “hot” dogs with family when you would have been boating, you can’t even do that now. Think they are trying to see how far they can push us?

Last edited:
Even without the ban, I don't feel it is a good idea to hit dogs with family. ;)

Back