Front Bimini Addition

MikeB

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2007 2275 GL and can't believe how much we are enjoy just being on the lake,  cruising around and swimming with the dogs.    Being careful of getting  too much sun, I'm considering adding a second/front Bimini.   Since the costs are fairly high I was hoping to get some feedback from those with experience with the front Bimini,  what you think about it and if you think it would be worth it to add one?   It would not be for rain protection, just for sun.

I've looked at quite a few options and for a quality Bimini, it gets a bit tougher to source in the 8.5 foot width.    After making a drawing with all the measurements, it looks like I'm down to a Bennington OEM or an electric PWR-ARM II.    The Bennington OEM frame and hardware kit with shipping is $724 and a local boat upholstery shop gave a price of ~$1000 for the fabric and adding a zipper to the old top so they tie together, so call it $2,000 total all in.    The PWR-ARM will work at just under $800, but I would have to remount the existing Bimini back as far as possible and have the PWR-ARM fold toward the bow.   So a lot of money or a lot of work.

So far, the only downside to buying the boat is I keep looking at the Bennington site and building different combinations for a new boat lol.

Thanks for your input!

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
$2000 sounds like a lot of money till you figure a new boat, comparable size and model offering will probably be well over $40K. If everything on the boat suits you other than the bimini, $2K is cheap..... but on here, we like to spend your money .....  :D  ...... so build a boat !!!

I don't have front Bimini but I will tell when we do our next boat, yes we didn't build our first boat last! We'll definitely have a front Bimini. I'm a big factory part matching guy but if the power unit works go for it!

I don't have front Bimini but I will tell when we do our next boat, yes we didn't build our first boat last! We'll definitely have a front Bimini. I'm a big factory part matching guy but if the power unit works go for it!

I'm with you, but that power unit sounds nice.   I believe it is the same one that is an option on new boats.   With that said, my computer must be broken, every time I do a build on Bennington's website, I'm at $80k..   :Like:

Back