Front Corner Bumpers

24slxowner

Reaction score
I have a new bennie 24' slx with epp and 150 yammie. Question is I have taken it out 4 times and 2 out of the 4 it has been windy and I have had dents put in the corners of the bow. First was my fault second was someone pulling me to their pier. There is at least a 1/4 to 1/2 inch gap between the deck an the aluminmun on the corners which will make any impact cause damage. Is there something you can put on the front corners to prevent the denting. I have three fenders on both sides but the front is giving me the problem. Any help would be appreciated. After all the options I've put on this pontoon, it kind of makes you sick to see the dents and nicks (only 2 minor ones). Every thing else is great.

Thanks for any replies

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you post a few pics of exactly where the damage is?????

Pics would be good to se what you're talking about.

I have a new bennie 24' slx with epp and 150 yammie. Question is I have taken it out 4 times and 2 out of the 4 it has been windy and I have had dents put in the corners of the bow. First was my fault second was someone pulling me to their pier. There is at least a 1/4 to 1/2 inch gap between the deck an the aluminmun on the corners which will make any impact cause damage. Is there something you can put on the front corners to prevent the denting. I have three fenders on both sides but the front is giving me the problem. Any help would be appreciated. After all the options I've put on this pontoon, it kind of makes you sick to see the dents and nicks (only 2 minor ones). Every thing else is great.

Thanks for any replies
I totally agree with you. I purchased my 24 in Ohio and while the Dealer seems to be great, this is one item that I am getting no assistance on, unless I wish to purchase something. I totally believe that Bennington has a good Tri-Tune and Pon-Tune but when it comes to the front ends, at least on Indian Lake, they are like paper. I too will be getting some bumpers or designing something myself but Bennington could have and should have done better.

As Carl's asked, pics would help. Still kind of guessing at what you are talking about .......

What you need is to have the dealer put the rub rail on over the winter. It is like a rubber bumper so you don't dent the fascia band that is standard. If I understand correctly this is your problem?

Back