Front of toon knicked

TigerToon81

Reaction score
I thought I had tied boat up enough but with all the new traffic last weekend the wakes loosened it up and I found the front of my outer toons looking like this from hitting the dock. I’m adding new bumpers to dock soon at the front to prevent this. Any concerns beyond cosmetic at this point?
85341301-5366-4820-9748-C04FABDF1484.jpeg

As you said, just cosmetics. Those areas could be cleaned up pretty well with a flat file followed by a DA sander using increasingly fine emery paper. I would say that at least 90 percent of it could be eliminated.

That is why they put the keel all the way to the bow eye. I had the bow eye ripped off when it was not tied properly and the eye got under the dock. $100 welder repair bill and good as new. If it bothers you clean it up in the fall while it is on a trailer. Enjoy the summer.

Agreed. Cosmetic. I know it's on a lift, but i think that will still ride high enough above the waterline, even if it did have a pinhole somehow. I wouldn't worry about it.

If you want to fix this, the easiest way is to ding up the other toon so they match.

Seriously though, you might smooth off any sharp burrs with a file so no one can get cut on it. Especially if you beach it and hang out by the front.

Welcome to the forum Tiger! Don't see a problem. The keel did its job.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information to be had here for the asking. Enjoy your Summer.

That is really nothing. Clean it up with a file.

Back