Front tip protection for Pontoons

none that I have ever seen !!!

I'm picturing a bigger version of a tennis ball like on the bottom of a walker, as for the fins, what they heck are you doing do get these damaged????

I remember last summer, while watching the kids jump off the front of our boat, thinking about slitting a tennis ball to fit the tip of the toon, but I never seem to have a tennis ball on the boat!  I seem to have everything else onboard...

It would look gaudy though.  It would be nice to find a black one.  Maybe a racquet ball would work.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would take a whole lot more padding than a 1/8" thick tennis ball to really protect the toon tips.

I'm very careful when docking in my boathouse, and that sometimes requires really throwing the throttle to the motor when in reverse.  I also avoid going out when the waves are coming directly at my pier--which is very seldom.

I don't know anything else to do.

We covered our slip corners with old carpet. Maybe you could cover the tips with carpet on a temporary bases.

handshake, stan

In West marine I have seen a product for hull guards, meant to protect the point of the hull. This could probably be easily adapted to the pontoon

I saw exactly what you are referring to ,I don't remember where .

Give me a day or so I'll look .

Would that be called a "nose job?"

I see the purpose but would not have them hanging off my boat. Great find though!

It would take a whole lot more padding than a 1/8" thick tennis ball to really protect the toon tips.

I'm very careful when docking in my boathouse, and that sometimes requires really throwing the throttle to the motor when in reverse.  I also avoid going out when the waves are coming directly at my pier--which is very seldom.

I don't know anything else to do.
I was looking to protect a kid's head from hitting the tip of the toon and splitting his head open.  Not to protect the toon from the dock.  I agree, that would take more than a tennis ball.

For the front of the pontoon I rip noodles. It gives them a visual and a less abrasive blow to the noggin'

I guess this is where the extended bow option really shines. Curious as to how many injuries occur from this now. Anyone ever have someone get injured on their boat?

I would love to have the extended bow!  It wasn't an option at the time though.

Noodles.  Ha ha ha.  Got about a dozen of them on the boat, and never thought once to snip a little off one to put on the toon tip.  Matter of fact, I was cleaning the garage this weekend, and I threw away an old noodle that I had cut up for something else. Garbage doesn't go out until tomorrow, so it should still be out there.  I think I'll go find it and keep a couple feet of it to copy Jared's idea.  How exactly do you fit them over the eyes/tips?  Do you tie them through the eye maybe?  Rubber band?  Or just slit them and press on?

Slit press and zip tie if it is an unruly noodle

Any pictures of what they have?

The 2014 Benningtons (that I have seen )  ,the deck extends past  the tubes .May not be an issue any longer.On my order it is titled as a 23 but has a 25.4 ft deck 

Here is a pic .I wouldn't want them on mine .
510_Premier-Pontoon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't want them either. Pretty ugly. Thank you Bennington! 

Really didn't want to post  that pic,but it does confirm that our choice of Bennington was the correct one .

Back