Fuel Capacity

Fly747

Reaction score
I just bought a 20 Slx tritoon. I have gotten 3 different numbers for the fuel capacity from the dealer. 20, 24 and 30 gallons. I would appreciate it if somebody can provide the actual capacity.

I just bought a 20 Slx tritoon. I have gotten 3 different numbers for the fuel capacity from the dealer. 20, 24 and 30 gallons. I would appreciate it if somebody can provide the actual capacity.

What specific Year Bennington and what specific Bennington tritoon hull: the partial tritoon EPT, or the full tritoon SPS (or I supposed some sort of special order ESP tritoon)? The specific tritoon hull and size boat pretty much determine fuel tank capacity.

These details will hopefully flag it with someone with your exact same boat and they can let you know...or some of those really smart people lurking in here that somehow always know everything about Bennington boats will chime in. ;)

Welcome !Did your Dealer give you a Spec.Sheet? It would be on there.I have a 2017 24SSRX Tritoon SPS and capacity is 24 Gallons.With 21.4 usable capacity.

Last edited:
Did not get a spec sheet. Just checked my papers and the boat is in fact a 2021 not 2020 as I stated earlier. Probably doesn't make a difference. Just for info the salesman said 24, head of sales said 30 and the delivery guy said 20. Once I know the capacity I have another question. That is has anybody calibrated the fuel gauge with actual fuel in the tank. I assume the gauge represents some kind of float system in the tank and since I believe the tank is circular the relationship between the float and the fuel in the tank will not be linear. As a reference point I filled the tank when the gauge read 51% and I had added 19.9 gallons.

If it’s not upgraded the tank is 33-34 gallons with 32 useable, with 25” SPS.

Last edited:
If it’s upgraded then the tank is 46gal

I'm in the same "boat" if you'll pardon the very bad pun :)
I took delivery of a 2021 SSRX Tritoon SPS with a 115 Yamaha last week. Dealer said they put in half tank and the fill-up took another 11 gal so I'm guessing the tank hold a little over 20 but I'd like to know the real volume. I've searched the Bennington web site but can't find an answer.
Any ideas?

From the build site .

REQUIRES 25 INCH TRANSOM. Upgrades 2 tubes to 25 inch diameter, adds a 25 inch center tube, upswept lifting strakes, wave shield and a 32-gallon transom fuel tank.

My paperwork says 20-something, but I unscrewed that little circular hatch on the aft deck, and I can see the tank says 34 gallons. I have a 2020 22SSRX with SPS.

SPS with 25" pontoons has a 32 gal useable tank.

Back