Fuel Gauge Broke

Biggy59

Reaction score
Own a 2016 21SSX, have had her just over 3 years and have 347 hours on her. Love the Boat. But a few weeks ago the fuel gauge stop working and you guessed it....."Hello Sea Tow" to re-fuel. Is this a common problem and any quick ideas that I can check.

Also, with the Tank located the way it is, why Not a Sight view on the rear of the tank body? Thoughts....

Thanks

Where's your tank. Mines under my seat, but I can easily see finely level through the opaque plastic. Should be covered under warranty. At least 7 years on 2016, maybe 10. Not sure what year went to 10.

My dealer came to my house and replaced the sending unit on mine. I also ran out of fuel with the gauge showing a quarter of a tank left. He said that the sending unit was digital, sending to an analog gauge. I having been able to test yet, but definitely going to keep a close eye on it.

Welcome Biggy! Sorry to hear of your misadventure. While I don't believe this to be a very common problem, I think if you do a search of the forum you might find some tips. Good luck! Oh, you do have seven years on your warranty.

My dealer is going to have to work on mine again. I filled up this morning, ran a long way, and the gas needle never moved from just over 3/4 tank. I topped off this afternoon with 13.5 gallons.

Back