Fuel gauge calibration

Table Rock boater

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2014 2375 RCW/IO and am having difficulty calibrating my fuel gauge. Bennington stated I have a 61 gallon fuel tank, I filled it up and the gauge reads 37% full. Tried to calibrate using the handbook, but it did not work. Any ideas.

I did mine through my Merc Smartcraft system. Do you have Smartcraft? My tank is 56 gallons, it says the capacity right on the top of the tank.

I do have a smart raft system/gauges. I tried to have the merc Smart system calibrate itself on option 1 of the instructions but it would only read 37%. The other option is to push the + button when the tank is 1/4 full, 1/2 full,3/4 full, the full. I leave it on a lift all the time so draining the tank is not an option. I was going to call a Bennington rep next time I am down at the lake and have him walk me through it,, I must be missing something. I did email Bennington with my serial number and they said I had a 61 gallon tank. I will have to find out where I can see the tank on the I/o version.

On our I/O you can not see the fuel tank.

Bennington, (not going to lie, that name/title/handle is going to screw me up thinking you are FROM Bennington) what boat model and specs are you running? Any pics of it yet?

I did the 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, full method on my Smartcraft and it worked fine. If you can see the tank (shining a flashlight through the plastic helps) I would run out the current fuel, then go through the calibration process again. The connector from my tank on my boat needed cleaning, and it was not reading correctly at first. Something else to check.

I changed my name from Bennington to where I boat ---- Table Rock Lake. I appreciate all the advice, this seems to be a good site that people earnestly try to help,,,sometimes more than the dealer... I will definitely check the wire connections to my fuel tank, but I am finding the I/O is different than the outboards..

I changed my name from Bennington to where I boat ---- Table Rock Lake. I appreciate all the advice, this seems to be a good site that people earnestly try to help,,,sometimes more than the dealer... I will definitely check the wire connections to my fuel tank, but I am finding the I/O is different than the outboards..
Please tell me you also added in the boat info or did I actually not pay any attention the first time I read this???? Haha. Wish I could help, but I'm an outboard guy for now. You are right, I find there always seems to be someone on here that knows a thing or two about a problem I may be having!! Since I have nothing to contribute in solving this issue, I'll shut up now! :D  

Back