Fuel price check........

BigKahuna

Reaction score
The first time we filled up we spent $3.29 a gallon for ethanol free 87 octane on the lake at the local Benny dealership.

Same place 2nd time we filled up we paid $3.59. 

After breakfast at a different Marina we noticed that they also had a gas dock so we decided to fill up. $3.99 a gallon for ethanol free 93 octane. Don't ever remember filling up with high test..........

What are you guys paying on this last day of June 2017???

At the marina it was  $3.19 most of spring...  it jumped to it's current $3.29 mid/late May I'm guessing???  Ethanol free 87.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because all of our marinas are selling what they call Marine Grade (ethanol but treated) I carry it in, I have to buy 91 octane but it is ethanol free.  Think price is $2.89 but would gladly pay more if I could get it on the lake rather than dragging 5 gallon tanks to boat

Weather has been so bad here ,I haven't  had to put any in yet this season . :angry:

Ethanol free 87 2.29 at the gas station nearest to us in Greenwood, South Carolina.  During the boating season I usually haul it in a 5 gallon can 2 or 3 times a week.

I'm tight, so most of the time I carry my gas. I just bought 30 gallons of 91 ethanol free from the Exxon down the street from CWag for $2.69 a gallon.  I will carry it to the boat this weekend.

We are paying street pump ethanol (I treat it) $2.59 gallon. Our waters low so the Marina gas isn't filling boats other than their rentals. I sure don't want any from their tank this year. Been sitting in there since last fall.  :blink:

Headed to the lake tomorrow.... :)  I'll keep you posted!! We can ethanol free on and off the water. 

$2.92 gallon for ethanol free at the gas station on way to the lake we are on up here in Central NY.  Although it's been a pretty rainy season so far so we haven't been out as much as we would like. 

3.49 for 93 non ethanol at my marina.  Been 3.49 since last 7/4 but was bumped up then from 3.29.  I filled up last weekend in case they decide to raise it again this yr.  everyone have a safe weekend.  

I'm tight, so most of the time I carry my gas. I just bought 30 gallons of 91 ethanol free from the Exxon down the street from CWag for $2.69 a gallon.  I will carry it to the boat this weekend.

You come all the way down here for gas?

You come all the way down here for gas?

I was already on 73 in Denver yesterday anyway. I had been working at McGuire this week. I stopped by on the way home. 

I was already on 73 in Denver yesterday anyway. I had been working at McGuire this week. I stopped by on the way home. 

QT by Sam's Club in Mooresville has ethanol free 87 for $2.59. This is where I get fuel for my power equipment. Was thinking of getting another 5 gallon can specifically for the boat but we'll just fill up on the water..........

Think we found your boat on Thursday afternoon. Are you all the way back in that cove on a community dock on a lift right by the barrier from the steam plant?!?

QT by Sam's Club in Mooresville has ethanol free 87 for $2.59. This is where I get fuel for my power equipment. Was thinking of getting another 5 gallon can specifically for the boat but we'll just fill up on the water..........

Think we found your boat on Thursday afternoon. Are you all the way back in that cove on a community dock on a lift right by the barrier from the steam plant?!?

That's us. 

At our marina 89 ethanol free was $3.69 2 weeks ago when we filled up.  Not sure what they are charging over the holiday weekend.......almost sure it's higher today.  Street price for 87 e10 here is right at $2.00.  Even with the added cost of stabil marine formula it's still cheaper to buy uptown and treat the fuel.......just not as easy as pulling up to the fuel dock and filling up.  At roughly $1.50 a gallon higher at the fuel dock it doesn't take long to save enough on fuel to cover going out for a steak dinner.......yes I'm a cheapskate.

Cool. Did you end up plugging up the pin hole leak?!?

I haven't yet other than silicone caulk. We will test it this weekend. I have an appointment Wednesday to drop it off. Depending on how long the repair takes, we may wait it out until winter. 

Paying $3.29 for 92 ethanol free at my marina. We are not permitted to bring gas cans to any of the marina's on our lake.

Paying $3.29 for 92 ethanol free at my marina. We are not permitted to bring gas cans to any of the marina's on our lake.

Hmmmm .... depending on street price I'd have someone meet me along shore to fuel up .....  ;)

Back