Fuel price check........

Hmmmm .... depending on street price I'd have someone meet me along shore to fuel up .....  ;)

I lived on a lake growing up and carried hundreds of gas cans. I was done with that a long time ago.  My view is if you can't afford the gas then don't buy the boat. 

Be careful being cheap...my buddy used ethanol gas for years....  saved a few bucks......  but is now spending it all and more  trying to get his engine running correctly.   Still not ok and he  always tells me if I knew then what I know now I would never put ethanol gas in my boat.  Fuel line deterioration etc...   Bottom line he thought he was saving money but it's costing him more in the long run. He used Startron to treat it but not every tank. For that reason I only use ethanol free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any newer motors use ethanol compatible fuel lines and such. Not to say it can't create problems, but knock on wood, I've been running ethanol fuel with Stabil, Yamaha ring free, and Yami filter for 8 years now and haven't had fuel issues. 

$2.99 at the corner with the boat on a trailer.

Cool. Did you end up plugging up the pin hole leak?!?

I called Lake Norman Marina today. When I found the leak they were telling me a week and a half minimum to repair. I called today and they said if I brought it Wednesday they could have it back to us Friday. So from 10 days to 3.

3.49 for 93 non ethanol at my marina.  Been 3.49 since last 7/4 but was bumped up then from 3.29.  I filled up last weekend in case they decide to raise it again this yr.  everyone have a safe weekend.  

Just my luck.  Hit the lake today and gas was $3.09.   Dropped it .40 cents for the holiday...

Be careful being cheap...my buddy used ethanol gas for years....  saved a few bucks......  but is now spending it all and more  trying to get his engine running correctly.   Still not ok and he  always tells me if I knew then what I know now I would never put ethanol gas in my boat.  Fuel line deterioration etc...   Bottom line he thought he was saving money but it's costing him more in the long run. He used Startron to treat it but not every tank. For that reason I only use ethanol free.

Use E free fuel in the boat and all power equipment at the house...........

The price of ethanol free 87 octane on our lake is $3.50 while the local gas station has 91 octane ethanol free for $2.79.  I usually opt for the local gas station for not only my boat but all my power tools (lawn mower, trimmer and generator).  Had a bad experience a few years ago with using the E10 gas and since then I only use the ethanol free for motors that are not used on a regular basis. 

Headed to the lake tomorrow.... :)  I'll keep you posted!! We can ethanol free on and off the water. 

Finally put the boat in the water today..... non ethanol high test on the street was $3.06, saw a sign for reg on ethanol where we dropped in for $3.89. Run has left us and we have beautiful weather till Thursday! Life is good on the lake!! :)  

Brian's Marina on our lake was $4.01. Perhaps the same marina Michman checked...?  I pretty certain they are 87 Octane. On the up side, the sell completely ethanol free marine grade rec fuel.

I got 100% gas, yesterday, and it was $2.15/Gal. :)

At the place I used to get it, it is $2.55/Gal. :(  

Last edited by a moderator:
No marina on our lake so I carry. Put 16 gallons in yesterday with the super siphon.

Brian's Marina on our lake was $4.01. Perhaps the same marina Michman checked...?  I pretty certain they are 87 Octane. On the up side, the sell completely ethanol free marine grade rec fuel.

Nope. We're on the other end of the lake. Used to be known as Harvey's Marina but was sold off late last year. I think it's now called Bay View. 

4.40 at the Salt Fork Lake marina, OUCH, thanks to my bro in law for footing the bill.

Paid $3.00 at Paradise Grill on the Indian Inlet in Delaware.  Then proceeded under the bridge out to the Ocean for some wave surfing with the boat. And of coarse we all got soaked.What a great day with my family!

Fuel at the docks last weekend was still at $3.69 (same price as most of last summer) even though uptown price went up a dime to $2.19 for e10.

i guess 65 bucks worth of fuel isn't to bad for roughly 11 hours of use over the holiday weekend.  Had the boat out quite a bit and watched the fireworks on the lake.

Fuel at the docks last weekend was still at $3.69 (same price as most of last summer) even though uptown price went up a dime to $2.19 for e10.

i guess 65 bucks worth of fuel isn't to bad for roughly 11 hours of use over the holiday weekend.  Had the boat out quite a bit and watched the fireworks on the lake.

$125 has been my lowest fill up total so far this year......

Ha! Just don't trust that fluctuating fuel gauge......

Back