Fuel price check........

$125 has been my lowest fill up total so far this year......

Ha! Just don't trust that fluctuating fuel gauge......

How big is that tank?

Any newer motors use ethanol compatible fuel lines and such. Not to say it can't create problems, but knock on wood, I've been running ethanol fuel with Stabil, Yamaha ring free, and Yami filter for 8 years now and haven't had fuel issues. 

Yeah, but you can buy them 20's by the case.   :p

How big is that tank?

52 gallons.

The last time we got gas was at the Boathouse grill pump after breakfast one morning. Topped off with 40 gallons of e free 93 octane at $3.99 a gallon............$159. Hey if it needs it..........Fill it up!!!

The funny thing was we thought we were close to an empty tank. The fuel gauge fluctuates between empty and a quarter tank so we're not sure how much gas we had left but we ended up having 12 gallons left..........

I generally fill up at a gas station than on the river. If I use kroger points it is fairly cheap. If not the price has been around 2.05 to 2.35. River prices range from as low as 3.49 to 3.99. The only time I get gas on the river is if we make a long trip. The few places I do get gas on the river they generally bad mouth each other saying their gas is better than the other guys. 

When I checked the specs for my F90 Four stroke it states  minimum 87 octane as recommended fuel and 10% ethanol is OK but no 15% ethanol.

Specs for the F series yamahas

Last edited by a moderator:
Paid $3.77 on the street ,90 octane ,No Corn .

Checked yesterday ,$5.69 on the water 

Paid $3.77 on the street ,90 octane ,No Corn .

Checked yesterday ,$5.69 on the water 

Paid $3.39 for e free 89 octane on the water on Sunday. Topping off the tank came to $112. Ha! 

Also finally waterproofed the carpet on Monday, Jack. Gave it a good spray soak then let it dry. Then sprayed it again. How long does the water repellancy usually last for the carpet?!? 

I do mine once a season ,just like the cover .I did notice the other day I missed a few spots on the carpet .

Paid $3.39 for e free 89 octane on the water on Sunday. Topping off the tank came to $112. Ha! 

Also finally waterproofed the carpet on Monday, Jack. Gave it a good spray soak then let it dry. Then sprayed it again. How long does the water repellancy usually last for the carpet?!? 

We bought fuel last weekend at the fuel docks and was still $3.69 for what is stickered as 89 non-ethanol.  Was $2.39 uptown for 87 e-10 and $2.79 for 89......still not to bad at the fuel docks and I don't have to carry cans to the boat.  Our marina frowns on fueling from gas cans but will allow if you are using a pump to transfer the fuel.

$3.77 on the street ,90 octane ,No Corn .

Still $5.69 on the water .

Topped everything off before the increase . Local news said 10-15 cents ,then 25 cents ,national said 50 cents .

Last edited by a moderator:
$2.99 for 93 octane no corn by us. I don't know what it is on the lake. I just put 20 gallons in the boat by can.

$2.99 for 93 octane no corn by us. I don't know what it is on the lake. I just put 20 gallons in the boat by can.

How big is that tank Carl?!?

Well, thanks to the hurricane, the prices are starting to rise around here. Big oil was looking for excuses to raise the gas prices. 

Well, thanks to the hurricane, the prices are starting to rise around here. Big oil was looking for excuses to raise the gas prices. 

Yup. Watch their profits soar this quarter. Katrina, 2005, night before landfall, $1.89/gal. Next morning, $2.39, and have never been back to $1.89 since. Barely got to $2.29 before it settled around $2.39. Then again, we have the highest fuel tax in the nation, even beating California ......   :blink:

Yup it's gone up to $2.59 in some places around here.....

Fuel prices here at home (an hour from the lake) is running anywhere from 2.29 to 2.49 for reg e-10 at the pump.  Last weekend it was 2.39 at most stations around the lake and 3.69 on the fuel docks.  Basically a little over a buck more at the fuel dock but to me it's worth it as I don't have to drive the diesel sucking beast of a truck as I don't like to haul gas in the wifes acura rdx.  

Back