Fuel Tank Capacity

I’m new to the site and see this is an old thread but hoping someone can help. I bought a used 2010 2554 and would love to find a online site that provides detailed info on the boat including things like size of gas tank, access panels, etc. is there a site that has this detail?

Also, my gas gauge bounces around like crazy. Is this a common problem with the sending unit or could this just be a faulty ground? Any insights would be appreciated.

Rick
Lake Gaston

Welcome to the forum Rick. We rented a place on your beautiful lake years ago and we pass over it monthly on our way to visit family. If you want specifics on your boat e mail or call Bennington with your Hull ID # (my plate with the hull # is on my starboard toon towards the back) and they will be able to tell you just about everything you want to know about it. As far as the gas gauge is concerned mine fluctuates while underway but it doesn't jump around like you describe.....

Most stock fuel gauges on boats are marginal at best. Not an answer to your question but you might consider a fuel flow meter to accurately see how much fuel you are burning at what rpm and from there you can accurately compute how much fuel you have..

While your gas gauge problem is not unheard of, mine actually works quite well with no bouncing and pretty darn accurate as well. Perhaps that's true because of the Mercury Smart Gauge system, but my previous boat worked pretty darn well, too. I have no words of wisdom other than checking to see that your float is working properly. Good luck and welcome to the "club"! And post some pictures for us to enjoy...

Back