Fuel water separator

Duckgrinder

Reaction score
The standard yamaha filter that comes with my new boat, can I get a racor filter to replace it? Or do I have to replace the whole mount and filter?

You can use a racor filter. Cross reference at west marine. I can't remember the number off hand. I'll see if I have a receipt handy at home

Todd

great, I like the idea of being able to drain the water without replacing the whole filter.

On the bottom of some filters there is a clear "bowl" with a drain for the water. Here is what I am wanting to replace the stock filter with http://maesco.com/products/racor/r_gas/r_gas.html. If you are anywhere near saltwater they make SS mounts and nipples. I have always been told these are the best filters, there are some knock off's out there that are most likely very good too. These can be bought most anywhere as far as I know.

We installed a Racor water separator/filter on my last two pontoons and never had an issue with water. I like their clear inspection housing with twist drain on the bottom. I would empty several ounces into a paper cup or beer bottle once a month before heading out into the lake for an afternoon. Typically, there was a little water in the fuel withdrawn.

We recently ordered our new GCW 2275 with Yamaha pre-rig, which included the Yamaha water separator system. I plan to swap-out the Yamaha steel canister filter with the Racor model that fits the Yamaha housing. The nearest filling station with Ethanol-free gasoline is 20 minutes away (by car).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back