Furuno 1st Watch radar for Benny!!

Mcar

Reaction score
The Furuno 1st Watch is a radar that uses your smart phone or I-pad as its monitor. I want to be able to get home safely after dark and in my mind this unit seems promising.

My thought is to attach it to a post that will fit in my ski tow pole hole. This would allow me to remove it when not in use.

Comments, thoughts? Price is reasonable...less than $1000.

Have you looked at the navionics app. I have it on my phone and use it as a backup to my GPS on the boat. It has nearly every lake in the nation for $15.

Mcar that looks like a great system. The only problem I see is getting a post high enough to get a decent read of radar without it flexing or whipping around. I would assume it will bounce around if you are boating in waves or wakes of other boats.

Could it be mounted lower and up front on something more solid? I assume you would only need to see the 180 degrees out front and not behind you.

I will be curious of your review if you go for it.

https://www.sionyx.com/

I have one of these Aurora Sport cameras and it turns night to day for $600. Displays on your iPad or phone. It's quite unbelievable how well it works. Watch the youtubes on it for boat applications.

https://www.sionyx.com/

I have one of these Aurora Sport cameras and it turns night to day for $600. Displays on your iPad or phone. It's quite unbelievable how well it works. Watch the youtubes on it for boat applications.

You sparked my curiosity. How do you use the camera while moving? Do you hold it in your hand? Just trying to understand the logistics of it.
Thanks for the feedback

Mcar that looks like a great system. The only problem I see is getting a post high enough to get a decent read of radar without it flexing or whipping around. I would assume it will bounce around if you are boating in waves or wakes of other boats.

Could it be mounted lower and up front on something more solid? I assume you would only need to see the 180 degrees out front and not behind you.

I will be curious of your review if you go for it.
Great question. I would think installing some type of mount to the forward deck and putting there would work great. I would just want the ability to remove it during the day or when not in use.

You sparked my curiosity. How do you use the camera while moving? Do you hold it in your hand? Just trying to understand the logistics of it.
Thanks for the feedback
In my case I just mount it to a rail with a RAM mount, and watch it on iPhone or iPad. It is quite an amazing device, revolutionizes night boating in busy areas like ours (SW Florida) where there is a lot of stuff in the water (markers, posts, signs) and it is very shallow. Like I said, literally night turns to day.

Back