G model vs S model....

Oh yeah, if we ever trade into another, other than the elevated helm, the extended aft deck will be a must have for us.

Love my extended bow... Even though one year later they extended it even further!

Wish I had that too.

OK...if I buy my last boat first, won't I be downgrading when I buy boats 1, 2 and 3? :D

Sorry, must be the fever from PADS making me delirious.

When I was first shopping for a pontoon, I looked at extended decks and thought it was a waste of space. That I'd prefer to have that space inside the playpen. After owning a 22SSX with no extended decks and a 2275 GCW with extended aft and bow, I can now say that I'd never go without it. They're awesome. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't have extended deck and didn't think I missed it until I slipped off the front edge when I was snapping on the playpen cover. Not sure why I even stepped out there when I normally don't do that when fastening the cover. My wife thought I fell through a trap door I disappeared so quick. Still think I would rather have the space inside the rail. One of those ask me how I know moments.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the extended stern deck is basically two "tabs" that stick out over the end of the two outside pontoons. 

If you don't get the extended deck, it won't increase the area of the deck INSIDE the fence...  Not sure if EVERY model is that way, but my 24SSL was that way.  Saw them built both ways.

Extended deck is just that.....deck is even on both sides of the transom.  I love ours as it gives you a place to put sunscreen - cooler - towels - floating chairs (when your done) at the sandbar.

DSCN0754_zps46206ac9.jpg

The extended deck is the only thing I'm really kicking my self in the ass about not ordering...a little pricey, but adds so much utility and convenience to the boat. Sometimes it's hard to see past the $$.

Also wish I would have ordered the 24'...I didn't realize that the overall length would have still fit in my boathouse... Either way, I'm sure I'll be more than happy with the boat!

Sounds like you have a very nice boat ordered that should ride like a caddy out on the lake with the SPS package (our does).  You're gonna love the yamaha 150 on the back as well......not terrible on fuel and plenty of ooomph when you want to get across the lake or pull tube or skier.  

Well our gsr2250 (a 22' boat) actually measures 24' from bow to stern plus the motor beyond that makes the overall length 25'+ for a 22' boat.  The extra length is nice in every way except when trying to dock in our slip with a stiff crosswind.  There is only 40 feet between buildings and when it's windy that can get real tight rather quick.  The ride is very smooth even on the roughest of days out on the lake.....I think there was only a couple of days we didn't go out last year because of the lake being to choppy.  

We only logged 138 hours last year on the bennington.......down a bit from the year before when we had just a couple clicks shy of 180 with our old boat (22' crest sport with only a 50HP)

$48k for an S with 150 sounds pretty high. My boat was $20k. Motor was $13k. Trailer was $3k. Tax on top of that. That was a new 2012 bought fall of 2011.
Well the big kicker is our crappy Canadian dollars right now. Looking at so of the prices makes me happy I got mine when I did, probably couldn't afford it now! Who are we kidding, I still can't afford it! But his is also SPS vs Express, I don't remember if you have the wave shield(for some reason I think you do), it has the speaker upgrade, which isn't a lot, but it all adds up. Not to mention the extra freight to get it up here. Also keeping in mind that Bennington's haven't gotten cheaper in the past 3-4 years. My dealer has the same floor plan as my first boat at the show (GLi) and it is substantially more than when I bought mine! It is hard to think of S models getting up there, but really, people are adding a lot more options and performance to S models than they used to.

Wow, just did a currency conversion, $36,000US is $45,500 Canadian 

22 in an S is a shorter boat than a 22 G

A 24 S would be the better comparison.

G has lighted Kicker speakers as standard, these are not available on S (the non-lighted ones are though)

The S will be faster, the lighter weight does make a difference.

(and I've never heard of any durability issues, so the S is not TOO light)

No raised helm option on S

Sorry if any of these are repeats.

The extended deck is the only thing I'm really kicking my self in the ass about not ordering...a little pricey, but adds so much utility and convenience to the boat. Sometimes it's hard to see past the $$.
Tomspo04, did you get your boat. I am in pine mountain and looking to buy either a 2275 GS or a 24 SSX APG? Appreciate your advice here. Do you fish on Lake Oliver?

DK, Yes...have had it for about a month now. It is everything that I was hoping, for sure. Like I've mentioned; if I were to order it again, I would do the extended deck. Nothing at-all wrong with the boat I have, just would add the additional space on the back. The boat ride very solid, and handles far better that I thought it would...I highly recommend the SPS/150

Yes, I do fish on Oliver ..just about everyday. But, I do far more fishing than catching...lol. What about you?

Back